Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,681   Online: 807

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To me interest me too much, but I like the matte hate gloss
    I hope good news

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I hope it's on track for a 2014 comeback. That just might coincide with my doing a lot of photography again that I haven't had time or money for lately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Almost out of my old Fomatone which was my Forte replacement for lith......sure would like some soon!

Mirko - have you checked out it's "lith-ability" yet?
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it does not contain Cadmium for the really rich tanned leather look, not interested. Many others will like it but compared to the older papers with Cadmium it just doesn't cut it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelph View Post
    If it does not contain Cadmium for the really rich tanned leather look, not interested. Many others will like it but compared to the older papers with Cadmium it just doesn't cut it.
    I love the old Forte PWT. I don't know if it's cadmium that gives it that special look, but if the new PWT looks the same without cadmium I'll be very happy and buy lots of it. Seems prudent to not dismiss it before seeing the final results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't think Forte Polywarmtone did contain Cadmium

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't care if it has Cd or not. As long as it liths like Forte or the old Fomatone, I'll be quite happy.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cadmium and Mercury were banned by the European Comission in the late 90ies only to be allowed again by the same politicians a few years later in lightbulbs (but not in photographic products).
    All manufacturers had to take all Cadmium out of all photographic papers. Polywarmtone was cadmium free since 1998.

Cadmium may not be intentionally used anymore. The amount of Cadmium we would need in order to stabilize a photographic emulsion is so low that in the final product there is actually less Cadmium than exists naturally in the environment.
    Yet we may not use it anymore even at such low levels.
    There is nothing we can do. These people in Finland apointed by the European commission are not elected nor controled and make a more than decent living on forbidding substances. This is their purpose of living. It does not matter if a substance is actually bad. We are past the really bad substances for over a decade. Now they ban substances of which someone once said they might possibly be bad. They cannot be held liable even if they make the worse mistakes and destroy whole industries or cause other severe trouble. Also they donīt care and do it all behind closed doors not talking to anyone and publishing only whatīs absolutely necesary in a cryptic way trying to avoid all contacts to the public who might be struck by their actions. Never will a decison once taken be revoked no matter how much harm it does and how useless it may be. The process is to complex to be rolled back.
    It will never stop. They constantly need new substances to forbid. There are thousands of more than well payed jobs attached to this spinning wheel.
    Welcome to what comes past democracy. Welcome to Eurocracy!
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 11-09-2013 at 01:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Cadmium was banned by the European Comission in the late 90ies only to be allowed again by the same politicians a few years later in lightbulbs (but not in photographic products).
    All manufacturers had to take all Cadmium out of all photographic papers. Polywarmtone was cadmium free since 1998.

Cadmium may not be intentionally used anymore. The amount of Cadmium we would need in order to stabilize a photographic emulsion is so low that in the final product there is actually less Cadmium than exists naturally in the environment.
    Yet we may not use it anymore even at such low levels.
    There is nothing we can do. These people in Finland apointed by the European commission are not elected nor controled and make a more than decent living on forbidding substances. This is their purpose of living. It does not matter if a substance is actually bad. We are past the really bad substances for over a decade. Now they ban substances of which someone once said they might possibly be bad. They cannot be held liable even if they make the worse mistakes and destroy whole industries or cause other severe trouble. Also they donīt care and do it all behind closed doors not talking to anyone and publishing only whatīs absolutely necesary in a cryptic way trying to avoid all contacts to the public who might be struck by their actions. Never will a decison once taken be revoked no matter how much harm it does and how useless it may be. The process is to complex to be rolled back.
    It will never stop. They constantly need new substances to forbid. There are thousands of more than well payed jobs attached to this spinning wheel.
    Welcome to what comes past democracy. Welcome to Eurocracy!
    Uhh, ok...besides that, how is the PWT production going?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Uhh, ok...besides that, how is the PWT production going?
    As usual. No production yet. Reseach going on. Two steps foreward, one step backwards ;-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin