Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,309   Online: 1189

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101415161718192021 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The consumer in me understood "forget about it, guys. It's never gonna happen".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ADOX hasn't disappointed so far.

Shooter
    35mm
    We're all hoping...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    We're all hoping...
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

So, keep faith ...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    ADOX hasn't disappointed so far.
    Miha as the saying goes "you have taken the words out of my mouth" Adox have done well. It resurrected Agfa paper just as an example when a lot of people never expected to see it again after Agfa's demise.

I must check what we said on APUG about Ilford when it declared bankruptcy in 2004/5. I'll bet there was a strong feeling that another analogue producer had sunk without a trace and with no hope of resurrection.

Well a lot of people will be going on a tour there next week

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The consumer in me understood "forget about it, guys. It's never gonna happen".
    In respect to Cadmium this is correct but we always stated that we would only bring back the version of PW which was produced last.

We also made very clear that there is no difference between ADOX and the rest of the industry in respect to what can be done and what canīt.
    We are not in the position to outrun the given market situation.

The others are not bringing new products to this market of itīs given size because sales of a new product will take out of the sales of existing products and will not add.
    Our aproach is to use a large part of the income stream of all exsting sales to develop new products and eventually bring them to the market.
    So we try to give you back something to say "thank you" because we know you want it.

But if obstacles occur it WILL TAKE LONGER. There is no possibility to speed up things by employing more people or meet internal tagets because there is no budget as no substantual ROI will occur which prohibits the acquisition of third party capital.

Essentially remanufacturing PW in another factory is almost like developing it entirely from scratch.
    This is also our first research project done completely in house so a lot of the time is spent on working out ways how to do things for the first time.
    Following projects will hopefully be faster.

If we were to stop the product development Iīd comunicate this. But we havenīt. Currently we have samples in the artificial aging. In 2 weeks they will come out and then weīll inspect them and go on from there :-)

What could be released to the market immediately (if coating went well) would be a paper like the old one with the problems the last batches had (sudden pink stain in certain developer/fixer combinations) or a version without sufficent multigrade control or a fixed grade.
    Naturally this is not what we want to do.
    Fixed grade is not an option due to low demand and high coating volume requirements.
    If we were able to coat low volumes at bearable prices this would be OK.
    We are also trying to work on this end (coating dilemma) but it does not look like there will be a fix coming soon.
    At least not for paper (wide roll coating).
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 11-10-2013 at 05:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the pleasure to meet and interview Mirko at the Adox works for an article a few years ago, (unpublished so far), and was very impressed by his dedication to the brand, his commitment to traditional photographic film and paper and research into producing new materials, or in the case of PWT, bringing older products back to market. There's some serious testing going on in Bad Saarow! If it can be done, he will do it, but I would think it will take time unless anyone wants to contribute some tens of thousands of Euros to speed things along.

Contrast tests seen on line look very promising so looking forward to trying out the new paper when it happens. Also, the cadmium free PWT was fine for lith printing. Recently printed some for a client on some of the last batches.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I hope R&D is going well this winter. As ever, we wait patiently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mirko, if you are able to manufacture this paper, I would certainly buy it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin