Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,652   Online: 860

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    Forte PW was my paper of choice until it was discontinued. I did not stock up because I don't do things that way. I began searching for a replacement. I have not found one, so I would be very interested in exploring a new version; but today cost becomes an important ingredient.
    Same for me except I had just decided to use it as my sole paper when it was discontinued. I ws buying the re-branded J&C Polywarmtone which was more economical here in the USA than the branded Forte was.

However, I would be torn between using Polywarmtone and MCC so I would need to sample both. Is MCC available in the USA yet? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex,

I posted a sample of a Adox MCC print in my APUG gallery, for all you can tell from a quick scan. My understanding is that MCC is not yet available to purchase.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes please, I'd like some. Would tomorrow be too soon?

Larry

Shooter
    35mm
    This would be really awesome, what about the film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you talking the Polywarmtone fibre from the past few years or the earlier version with Cadmium in it? If it is the Cadmium version I would love to have it back. Looked like tanned leather it was so smooth and rich. After they took the Cadmium out I bought one box, saw it had changed markedly for the worse and never bought any again.

Forte Polygrade V I would buy again in a heartbeat. One of the finest printing papers I have used in almost 40 years of printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in too, please.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! The matt version was my favourite for lith.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    I'd be very happy with PWT. I'd be even happier with the return of Fortezo Gr. 3 Glossy.
    Same here. My stock is dwindling!

Ciaran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Question 1: Does anyone out there want Polywarmtone back ?

Question 1a: If yes will you still buy it if it is sold at about the price of Variotone ?

Why am I asking when with MCC we will have a perfect neutral- to warm-tone paper and with Variotone we have a brilliant warmtone enlarging paper ?

Because.... we don´t have a variable contrast silver chloride warmtone paper which can be lith developed.
    Also we had a long tradition with this paper in our company.

ADOX has purchased the Forte PW replicator (emulsion making equipment) in 2007 and licensed the technology in 2008. But sofar we have not pushed the project because of the high costs involved in dismanteling and mooving the equipment.
    It will be a highly complex procedure to remanufacture this paper because we will have to set up the replicator in our factory in Bad Saarow were we will make the raw emulsion. The emulsion will then need to be shipped to our partners to Monheim near Leverkusen. There it will be finalized and coated.
    The rolls then need to be shipped back for converting to us.

By the time we are ready to sell the paper the price will be much higher then what it was when Forte still produced it all in house.

From a German market perspektive Polywarmtone was the cheapest high quality paper available and thus successfull. In the US Polywarmtone was never really cheap and still successfull.

So feedback from US customers is valuable for us in the decision making process.

Kind regards,

Mirko
    Although not a US customer, I would welcome the decision to make PWT available in the UK as well.
    I only have some Fortezzo museum left now which is fixed grade 3 and really miss PWT, it was the only paper I used and have found, with Fortezzo, no other like them.
    If a viable commercial proposition I would love to have this available in the UK.
    Regards,
    John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also from the U.K. -
    I would certainly be interested in trying a 'replacement' Polywarmtone.
    For lith, I have found that Fomatone MG Classic can give results that are very similar to PWT, so price and availability would be an issue. I may be as much or more interested in it as a regular paper.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin