Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,764   Online: 1110

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes, I would like it back, and I'm willing to buy it at the price of Ilford Warmtone FB.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all for the detailed feedback we now have a clearer picture of the situation.

We will make a calculation now and then I will post which amount of paper needs to be sold in order to make the project possible.

Someone mentioned Michael´s and Paulas project. This was a great idea of the two in order to keep Azo allive.

We might do something similar with quantities.

Feel free to keep giving feedback.
    I will check in here on a regular basis and post more information in about a week.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    WOW!
    Rumours are spread even in Sweden and I recently got this thread sent to me by a friend.
    Polywarmtone? YES INDEED! Irreplacable!

Pretty much love the current Foma Fomatone for lith and also the Kentmere Fineprint Warmtone Finegrain Fb which appearentely lith up similar to the discontinued Forte Polywarmtone. But, hey, the PW14 rocks and I would sell the car for a re-birth. Do it!

/Per

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd absolutely want it back, even at an increased price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll join the choir here and say YES PLEASE! PWT matt and glossy is the best paper by a large mile. It would be my standard paper over FOMA if I could get it.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's no doubt that it was a beautiful paper. I'll take a few boxes.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format

forte coming back as Agentone?

i've heard from my photo product dealer in toronto that forte employees have reformed into a new company, and will be producing forte formula papers as "Agentone". my dealer says that he is getting a shipment in May 2009...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]be the change you wish to see in the world - gandhi[/FONT]

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    i've heard from my photo product dealer in toronto that forte employees have reformed into a new company, and will be producing forte formula papers as "Agentone". my dealer says that he is getting a shipment in May 2009...
    I guess you are talking about argentone?

That datasheet looks like a copy of Fomas Fomatone.
    Last edited by ath; 04-02-2009 at 06:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format

Argentone? could be!

That would appear to be correct ath! my hearing must be going with age...

so, is this Argentone a new paper, and does it have some of the Forte "team" behind it? i'm clearly not familiar with it at all. i think that when my dealer said that a Forte-esque paper was being re born i probably went into La LA Land! i'm a huge fan of Forte Polywarmtone, and was devestated when they folded. i, like many who have responded here, are grasping for any positive news re: a rebirth of sorts for these Forte papers...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]be the change you wish to see in the world - gandhi[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would the new PWT have the same paper base as the old one? I'm asking because the base of the old PWT was very heavy and added to the high quality feel IMO.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin