Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 702

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fortezo or PWT, I'm in. Can I place my preorder now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Out of subject but...
    Could you think of making a POP paper ?
    That would be fantastic !
    :-)
    Guillaume

Shooter
    Holga
    Forte Polywarmtone FB semi-matt was my absolute favorite paper and it breaks my heart that it is gone. If you could produce it now it would be a dream come true. The semi-matt surface was perfect and I really like the warm tone I got in LPD. Please let us know your decision.

Shooter
    35mm
    Polywarmtone would be amazing to have, since most of the lith stuff I've seen from it is amazing. On an unrelated note, AGFA Portriga paper would also be great.

Shooter
    Medium Format

interesting photo from Japan re:Argentone

I found a photo (number 18 out of 40, or "jp08_1740") showing an analog shop in japan displaying what looks to be labelled as "Argentone" print paper under the Forte banner!

http://www.photoness.de/yodo_analog/

i'm still trying to get info on this Argentone paper and if it in fact has the Forte connection my paper dealer claims. ie. that ex Forte employees are behind Argentone and are using Forte formulas to produce Forte-like papers under the Argentone name. Anyone know more about Argentone?
    [FONT=Century Gothic]be the change you wish to see in the world - gandhi[/FONT]

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I guess it is a good idea to start a seperate thread for Argentone.

This is the ADOX section of APUG and a thread about future demand of Polywarmtone.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, I know this all 'tentative' at the moment and all based upon how high a high demand for this paper. That said, if this can be done, what time frame are we talking about. I'm not trying to rock the boat, or detract from the opportunity that remaking PWT might become, but the MCCIII reintroduction took a similar path, and we still don't have it available for sale yet even after almost two years of waiting.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format

polywarmtone

ath...the main gist of this thread is about the possible return of Forte Papers, Polywarmtone paper included, as you mentioned. my post was about that very possibility. it would seem to me to make sense that i post my questions about Argentone here, as my understanding is that they are producing their own version of a warmtone paper based on the same process as Forte, including the Polywarmtone paper. Isn't the return of that paper (and other Forte papers) what everyone in this post is asking for? posting another thread on Argentone doesn't make sense to me here. i apologize if you may be feeling that i am raining on another manufacturers parade here, but for me it's all about getting the Forte papers back, period. if my source is wrong about the Argentone/Forte connection, perhaps someone familiar with the Forte papers would be reading this post and could clear this up..billy
    [FONT=Century Gothic]be the change you wish to see in the world - gandhi[/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polywarmtone presale project launched

thank you all for your encouraging support.
    Now we are going to test you a bit more ;-)

We launched a new website www.polywarmton.com were you can read more about the project and register to commit to the purchase of paper.
    If we receive enough commitments we will start remanufacturing the paper.
    If we succeed we ask you to pay based on your commitment after the paper is ready for shippment (and will ship, ofcourse).

If we fail nothing happens for you other than that no Polywarmtone will be available.
    I also opened a new thread for this project to post questions:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum249/...ster-here.html

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mirko,

I've just gone through the site to register my interest in the project. There are no 9.5 x 12 inch boxes listed in the menu. Is there a chance that the paper could be sold in that size too?

Thanks,
    Ciaran

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin