Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,783   Online: 1213

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps part of the problem reported by some users is a lack of care in processing. I don't think I have read of a problem by a person who has been developing film for 40 or 50 years, because we learned to handle film very carefully, because emulsions of the past were extremely soft. Those who've grown up with pre-hardened emulsions are careless in their handling of film. I see this almost daily in the school laboratory.

I use these films, as well as others, and it is extremely rare for me to have any of the stated problems. Pinholes caused during the manufacturing process pop up every two or three years for me. I develop these films in sizes up to 7 x 17 inches using a variety of methods including several at a time in a tray. I do not use an acidic stop bath.I use a water stop bath for a long enough time to dissipate most of the developer prior to putting it in the fixer. I don't wipe film when it is hung to dry.

It seems easier to be careless in handling film and blame it on the manufacturer than it is to learn proper film handling procedures. I compliment Miko, and his company for keeping film available, and given us up front information.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've just to use CHS 8x20 and 8x10 films and at the first used I didn't have pinholes or other problems. I use to pre-soak the film in water and a little hardener and after I use a pyro ABC developer, stop bath very light and a normal fix. The negatives I've taken so far are very good, no problems, and for me Adox CHS 100 is been a discover, I hope to use more of this film in future. Thanks to Adox and to Mirko for every news and for their Job.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Mirko, yet again you speak from the heart. There can be no doubting you are 110% committed to doing your best to supply us as photographers, trust works both ways.

The only other company to be as honest (on the Internet) is Ilford/Harman Technology.

You don't give us bull-shit and excuses just plain facts. I've used EFKE (Adox) films since the 70's I haven't yet seen a coating problem that's ruined an image, and haven't spotted any on other negs recently. I am fully aware that in the panic when Ilford went into administration quality controls were ignored and anything coated went flying out of the factory mainly to J&C. Some people thought that was the final melt-down and the nblast production of B&W materials !!

It needs to be borne in mind that the Original Post in this thread isn't about actual problems just what's been read on the internet/APUG.

Sure Adox/EFKE films aren't perfect but they are extremely good, and different, are they classic, old school - no they aren't at all, they were the most modern and advanced film of their time, if Kodak or Ilford had made them it might be a different story today, Pan F is the nearest equivalent.

Ian
    You are correct Ian, and thanks for pointing such out again. I did state on my posting that I have "eschewed" the use of the film for the time being. However, since I was contemplating the use of such film, I was concerned about the comments others have posted concerning such pin holes.

Mirko, my very sincere thanks for taking the time and effort to respond. I did not know that Adox had a limited role in the quality control of the Adox films.

Mirko, who makes the CMS emulsion?

Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ed,

itīs not that we have a limited role in the quality control of the ADOX films in general. As I said those products made for us in third party factories will reflect the quality control in effect in those respective facilities. Jacking it up would mean a higher price and then no one would buy it. The QC in place for the CHS films is not bad. It has been a standardized process for over 50 years.

The product needs to be seen as a whole. Quality, price and special charakteristics. You get it all in a package.

The CMS film has a three level QC but this film is also more expensive.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format

AP 100 and AP 400

Jan,

we have been slowly but steadily working on the former APX emulsions.
    Currently we are substituting a few components which are not available anymore. The outcome seems to be a better speed with the 400 and a slightly finer grain on the 100. But these are informations from the testing stage.

This project has not been accelerated too much because of the millions of films still beeing in the market made by Agfa/Leverkusen in the last 6 months of their existance.

When we remake the film it will be in all formats: 35mm, 120, sheets.
    Possibly 110 as well.

Best regards,

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 05-29-2009 at 04:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I put only one "l" in millions...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just hope that the re-introduction of the Agfa films will include the 25 speed film. That is the one which I am most interested to try.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    When we remake the [Agfa] film it will be in all formats: 35mm, 120, sheets.
    Possibly 110 as well.
    *Metric* sheets? Pretty please?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Charles,

sorry to say but we can only re-introduce what has been in production at Agfaīs until the stop.
    APX 25 has been discontinued before 2000. Many ingredients are unavailable now. Remaking it would be the same as making a new 25 speed film.
    We have ADOX CHS 25 and Pan 25 out.
    Can you, or anyone else, tell me what he/she misses in those films and found in APX 25. If so, we can look into making a new 25 speed film covering all demands out there.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nathan,

Iīm gonna put someone on the guilautine cutter to make a few metric sheets once a year as well. As long as we can sell 50 units per item/year we can make it. If we sell less we can only keep the product at a higher price. So it all depends on overall demand and what youīre willing to spent.

Best regards,

Mirko

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko,
    What formats are you cutting the 100 and 400 ISO film in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin