Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,424   Online: 1166
      
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 111

Thread: MCC is back !

  1. #91
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,676
    Images
    14
    Thank you , I appreciate this
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post

  2. #92
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,771
    Bob,

    it is possible you know this already, but there are 100 ft rolls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    News to me , I have been asking Mirko this question from day one and never a reply. I must be on his ignore list.
    Bob, maybe you are some list. But rather that of oblivion...

    You raised that question of long rolls of barytated paper before and were already referred to 100' rolls MCC:

    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1067036


    To my own surprise I did not forget that.

  3. #93
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,676
    Images
    14
    I seem to be confused with the availability. In 2001 I ran Agfa Classic through my Lambda and was successful making mural prints. I loved the fact I could process with safelight and as well the warmth of the paper.
    It now seems that this is new emulsion and not just leftover Classic rebranded and in new boxes. I am not interested in this option.
    I have not been convinced that Adox made the new emulsion in large rolls.
    This now seems to be fact , or at least it seems probable but I have wanted to hear this directly from the horses mouth before purchase.
    I will phone Freestyle next week and give it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Bob, maybe you are some list. But rather that of oblivion...

    You raised that question of long rolls of barytated paper before and were already referred to 100' rolls MCC:

    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1067036


    To my own surprise I did not forget that.

  4. #94
    AgX
    AgX is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,771
    Now I got your point.
    But if someone would have got old long rolls of paper and wanted to re-brand it, he rather would cut it down. Anyway I never thought of that re-branding thing, but now I see the conclusions you made from Mirko not answering.

    I would buy that paper without hesitating.

  5. #95
    Jerevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,859
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Thank you , I appreciate this
    You're welcome, always glad to help if I am able!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

  6. #96
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,676
    Images
    14
    I can confuse myself on any given day. Heres hoping its a new emulsion and works in my Lambda.
    If it has the same characteristics it will work on my lambda which opens up a warmtone paper for my clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Now I got your point.
    But if someone would have got old long rolls of paper and wanted to re-brand it, he rather would cut it down. Anyway I never thought of that re-branding thing, but now I see the conclusions you made from Mirko not answering.

    I would buy that paper without hesitating.

  7. #97
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    Bob,

    freestyle told me that you are in contact and since then I got this point off my list thinking it was all sorted out in respect to information flow.

    We only have a limited amount of MCC in 30 meter rolls in stock now (abut 10 pce) and I have not started marketing it towards you and other labs because I canīt reproduce wide rolls at this point and didnīt want to create a demand which then canīt be supplied.

    (We had a pencil line on all masterrolls of the last production in the summer and thus we can cut around for sheets but cant make wide rolls).

    The next coating will probably take place in march so we expect to be able to fill orders reasonably in Mai and then I wanted to start spreading the word.
    We are now out of 10 meter rolls already and thus we put the 30 meter rolls up in the webshop as an alternative.


    Kind regards,

    Mirko

  8. #98
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    Ulrich, Mike,

    we are among the named paper manufacturers the smallest and because we are a new company we have write offs in our calculation.
    Thus our production price per sqm is higher than with the competition.

    We need to sell our paper to peole who value the options of another alternative.
    MCC is unique and has highest quality. It features a silver chloride silver bromide emulsion alowing it to be developed both cold and warm. It is in general competitively priced with some exceptions.
    If someone shops very price oriented and comes acros such an exeption MCC is probably not the best choice.

    No one is making heaps of money in this industry.

    Our goal is to proof that analogue materials can be made in a large variety and at fair prices- even on a small scale.
    This ensures supply for you all in the future.

    We are not price leaders and never intended to become such.

    Ulrich made a good point. We are struggeling to finance our stock between coating cycles. Our balance sheet has more than tripled in the last 2 years and still we are sometimes out of certain sizes for a few weeks. If I was to create another article like e.g. 100 sheet boxes of 8x10 the material going into these boxes has to be prefinanced for an average of 9 months and the confectioning expenses for about 3 months. This needs capital or I make less of the other sizes running a higher risk to run out of 16x20 for example.
    And we are not talking about hundreds of euros here. We are talking hundreds of thousdands per paper product.

    This is why I asked in the beginning if anyone would be interested in 100 sheets with a 2 dollar discount.
    The response was as I expected it.

    There is also a handling savings advantage in a bigger box. Factoring this all in we might be able to get to a 5-6 dollar saving.

    Would that start to be more interesting ?

    Mirko

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Norfolk, United Kingdom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,889
    Images
    62
    Mirko,

    I understand your logic for the 25sh packs of 8x10. However, would it be possible in the future to pack the larger paper sizes that already come boxed in sturdier boxes, e.g. along the lines of the ILFORD product? I find the Adox boxes tend to come apart rather easily.

    Tom

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    530
    Images
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Mirko,

    I understand your logic for the 25sh packs of 8x10. However, would it be possible in the future to pack the larger paper sizes that already come boxed in sturdier boxes, e.g. along the lines of the ILFORD product? I find the Adox boxes tend to come apart rather easily.

    Tom
    And please make them a little larger so that I can stuff the bag back into the box without kinking the corners of the paper.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin