Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,909   Online: 935

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MCC is back !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David R Munson View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the updates!

EDIT: Could you give me the info of the dealer in China as well as the potential dealer in Korea?
    David,

it´s Daejin (http://photo-mall.co.kr) in Korea and Alpa China.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got 75 sheets to try it out.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    anybody have any reviews on it? im so close to getting a box as the old agfa paper was amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My experience is this:

Nice base hue - just a regular white.
    Nice gloss when air dried, but a touch less glossy than MGWT
    Subtle warmth to image. Very subtle (looks neautral at first glance) but visible next to MGIV which looks cold in comparison despite being neutral.
    Great speed (1.5 stops faster than MGWT and about half a stop faster than MGIV).
    Does not make the same contrast at the top end as the ilford papers.

Overall I prefer MGWT, largely for the better extreme contrast when I am struggling with a flat neg, but also for the slightly greater aparrent glow/gloss to the images. However, for large prints off 35mm this is an absolute winner as your exposure times remain sensible. Whereas MGWT seems to excel with somewhat flat negs where other papers lack the contrast, the MCC is cracking with high contrast negs where you do not need to work for good deep blacks.

When i re-stablish a darkroom after moving out of this property, this paper will be one of the three in my darkroom (MGQT, MGIV and MCC) giving neutral, warm neutral and warm. It replaces Kentmere fineprint (for me) for speed and has a less stark white base and better contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom Stanworth's thoughts echo my own. The paper is whiter but the image is slightly warmer (richer) than Ilford. I was struggling with some highlights on a couple prints last week and I agree with Tom that Multigrade is a little easier to transition the highlights while keeping the image snappy. I'm finding split-grade printing of 35mm negs to be easier with this paper. To me, tonal separation in the highlights is better with Ilford, but tonal separation in the lower tones is better with Adox MCC 110.

Overall, I like the paper so much that it has become the only FB paper in my darkroom right now. Print WA is my developer with this paper. About to crack open my fifth package of 11x14...

The richness of the lower tones are what really sets this paper apart. I like to have a good solid foot to my tonal range and this paper gives it to me without effort and without the mud.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kauffman v36 View Post
    anybody have any reviews on it? im so close to getting a box as the old agfa paper was amazing.
    Holy cow! People have been raving about this paper
    here on APUG ever since Adox shipped out test sheets
    over a year ago. Go search if you want opinions.

In a nutshell: If you liked Agfa's MCC 111, you'll love
    Adox's MCC 110. They are indistinguishable from each
    other EXCEPT the Adox version has a very slightly whiter
    paper base. You would not notice the difference unless
    you had both papers side-by-side.

Agfa used to be my paper of choice. Now I print most
    everything on the Adox MCC 110 version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think it could be summed up any better than Sanders' post. If they would just stick the 8X10 in a 100/250 sheet box.
    I also have to say I like the RC, MCP310 too.

These will be the only two papers I purchase going forward.

Good luck!

Mike

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd just like to say:

In a time of all digital, all the time, thanks for doing all the hard work and sticking it out to bring this paper back, ADOX, I am grateful - as I am sure others are.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    let me say that i have officially been converted to MC110 from MGIV after tonights printing session. i ordered a box of 25 8x10's last week and the first time i used the paper i wasnt too impressed. today when i saw images printed on MGIV, Arista, MC110, variotone, and MGWT, i have to say that MC110 is my favorite nuetral tone paper ive used. sure warmtone has its suits and its beautiful but for 90% of my printing mc110 is magnificent. it has a slight warm tone to it and next to MGIV it has a very nice warm tone to it and makes the MGIV look cold as ice.

on a side note, i was not impressed with the variotone warmtone paper. i printed the same image on all papers and the mc110, MGWT, and arista edu papers all appeared warmer than the VTWT, weird considering mc110 is nuetral and VTWT is warm. any suggestions?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin