Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,774   Online: 855

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MCC is back !

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've found VT Classic to be quite an excellent paper. MCC is of course, beautiful.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been thinking about this one and I reckon that MCC will be back as my main go to paper with MGWT for when I need the additional warmth or contrast and MGIV for neutral tones and higher contrast. MCC just gives a great all round balance although I prefer the gloss and depth of MGWT by a small margin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW: Did Adox change the weight of MCC anywhere along the line? I recently cut down some 11x14 to 5x7s and during the process noticed that it definitely didn't feel like 250g - however FS states that it's a 250g double-weight base. Was this a recent change or was it always and now 180g?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    my pack of 25 sheet 8x10 MCC does not feel as thick as ilford MGIV but i figured its just me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that it is not as thick but I think this paper is amazing. I think that I will use it exclusivly for a little while.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    just got my issue of the freestyle photo zine, article on MC110 is spot on. this paper rocks, i just wish i had it in 11x14 instead of having 150 sheets 11x14 of MGIV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About the only bad habit I've found with MC110 is the edge of the paper scalloping after it has dried. I didn't really notice it until I had a blank sheet of paper go through my process that I decided to use for focusing and framing in the easel. It wouldn't go in the catch slot on the easel. I don't recall ever having this problem with other papers to the same extent. I'd imagine this would also show up in the mounting process if you don't trim the edges of the paper first.

The second bad habit I've run into and it has caused me no end to grief, is that with the Print WA developer, there seems to come a point in developer exhaustion where one print is fine and the next is three stops under-exposed. Instead of a gentle slowdown in development, it seems to crash. Am I off my rocker on this one?
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't say off your rocker, but if you are making several copies of a negative and there was a gradual fall off.....you might like the sudden change.

just 2 cents..

Mike

"my pack of 25 sheet 8x10 MCC does not feel as thick as ilford MGIV but i figured its just me."

I recently had the opportunity to measure, after processsing, 12 different b/w papers currently available.

With a micrometer, the difference among papers was not more than .005 in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    "my pack of 25 sheet 8x10 MCC does not feel as thick as ilford MGIV but i figured its just me."

I recently had the opportunity to measure, after processsing, 12 different b/w papers currently available.

With a micrometer, the difference among papers was not more than .005 in.
    That doesn't say much. I can easily feel a significant difference between MCC, K-888, and ADOX FP Vario Classic.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin