Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,951   Online: 707

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: APX 400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least they didn't pass it off as top shelf.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 03-22-2011 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, they didn't. It wasn't a criticism of them; just pointing out that the bad batch Freestyle told you about had been mentioned by Adox.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see. I misread.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sure this first batch was also available in the UK a few months' ago but I can't see it anywhere now. Must have sold out. From what I read the main issue was speed and this batch wasn't a true 400 speed which is supposedly the aim.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's cool I'd rather wait for great film :-) Well, I'm only assuming it will be great

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I'm sure this first batch was also available in the UK a few months' ago but I can't see it anywhere now. Must have sold out. From what I read the main issue was speed and this batch wasn't a true 400 speed which is supposedly the aim.
    It was sold by Ag Photographic of Birmingham. They pointed out that it was below the notional ISO 400 speed. It is no longer listed so presumably sold out, or was withdrawn. The site now says they "are hoping this film will be available from late spring 2011". In view of what is reported above, it is probably going to be later than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone heard any more news on this?
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First started black and white with APX 400, I can't wait try it out in 120 format.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good friend of mine fixed me up with ten rolls of Agfa APX 400 that expires this month, and I have been enjoying the re-discovery of this fine film.

I have tried it in Xtol, which is my main developer, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really until I used it with some good old Rodinal at 1+25, and agitate every 30s, like Agfa suggests, that it really came 'alive'. The prints are absolutely beautiful, and if ADOX can get the same quality as the old Agfa, then it'll be a really great all purpose medium to high speed emulsion for enthusiastic photographers!
    Surprisingly, a 9x12" print from the 35mm Rodinal treated negatives are very crisp, decently sharp, and exhibit really tight, sharp, and unobtrusive grain, on par with Tri-X and HP5, but with slightly lower film speed. A very fine film.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just asking if there's any update on the research. Hope ADOX is experiencing some success.

I was moving things in the freezer and I found my last few rolls that I'm hoarding like the last bottle of a fine wine. Have to wait for a good steak to appear to justify using them.
    Michael Batchelor

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin