Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,555   Online: 1123

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: APX 400

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    I'll buy some on day one just because :-)

I see on the pages they plan to make 110 size too .. that would be cool too!

I noticed that also & I think 126 this would give some life to many old point & shoots. Might even breath some new life into the Lumo scene ?

My Kodak X25 & Pentax 110 auto will be ready when you get it out.

My mistake no mention of 126, guess wishful thinking ?
    Last edited by w9cae; 06-21-2010 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Mirko,

Can you please point us to a place where we can order the "First Coating" film from the US?

I spoke to Eric at Freestyle, and they will be carrying the regular run, but not the first coating.

And, as with many Americans, I sat through two years of German classes, but 30 years later I don't speak or read German well enough to figure out where to buy it on your website!!

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael,

the first coating is calculated so narowly that it does not make sense for dealers to carry it. You are welcome to order it directly from Fotoimpex.
    We are also in the process of setting up the multilingual webshop.
    Actually most things are translated for months now it was just a technical issue. We will change to a new webshop system shortly.
    If you have any problems just shoot us an email or call us.
    We speak english.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well...I never had a chance to try the AGFA films but I am very, very, excited about this. I am quite a fan of ADOX! I would absolutly love to see a 110 and 126 film also! My 110 and 126 cameras are quite hungry! Thanks a million for this. I have heard such great things about the apx films and have wanted to try them.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    BIG QUESTION: the last version of APX 400 changed the film,
    so that Rodinal required 30 minutes of development instead of 11 !!!!!!!!!!!

d
    At the end of Agfa, the "New" APX400 was listed as requiring an extended time in development - which (mysteriously) was the same, or VERY close to, what it would be with APX100 pushed two stops to ISO400.

After considering that, I have been suspicious ...

Even at that, I have used the "new" APX400 processed as recommended and have noticed very little difference from the "old" film.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As we near the end of August, any word on when the sheet film version of this film will be available? (4x5 and 5x7) Will Freestyle carry it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Development times:

The latest datasheet for Rodinal lists APX at 20 Minutes 1+50.
    If someone lists a development time in Rodinal not mentioning the dilution I assume itīs ment for 1+25.
    To me 1+25 is the "standard". So this is why we had this misunderstanding.

The new film will have a higher speed than old APX (about 1/2 stop) if developed like the old film at 20 minutes in Rodinal 1+50.

Extended developing times showed in our first tests a true increase in speed up to 650 ASA in some developers (but not in Rodinal).
    We donīt know if the final product will have these outstanding parameters as well. For sure it will have a true 400 ASA unlike the old product and it will have a finer grain.

Overall push capabilities will be better so that AP 400 new can be pushed up to 800 ASA with hardly any visible loss in shadow detail and tonality.

I will keep you updated about the project. At this point we expect 35mm and 120 films to be available in Oktober but we might have delays so take this as a current plan but not a final release date.
    Sheetfilms will take about 3 months longer because construction at the factory is going on in the hall which will be the sheetfilm confectioning later.

Best wishes,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    ...The latest datasheet for Rodinal lists APX at 20 Minutes 1+50...
    Both page 10 of this July, 2003 Agfaphoto data sheet

http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/_uploa...et_F_PF_E4.pdf

and page 2 of this A&O Rodinal data sheet

http://www.mahn.net/DL_MAHN/agrodgba.pdf

list 30 minutes at 20 degrees C for APX400 at 1+50.

I hope ADOX PAN 400 ends up requiring the same extended time. My reason is that ambient temperatures here in southern California, both air and "cold" water, are very high much of the year. It would be one of the few combinations available that permit reasonably long times when developing sheets with continuous agitation on a Jobo processor in Expert drums under such conditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sal,

If our versions of Rodinal datasheets list different times for the 1+50 dilution this has not come to our attention because we are not yet in this type of testing status where we change dilutions or even developers.

You test an emuslion for different developers and times when it is all finished. Ourīs isnīt yet and we run type to type comparison in D76, cross checking in Rodinal (1+25 for 10 minutes).

In the 1+25 dilution both our datasheets match so no problem there.

Whatever you do to an emulsion, even if itīs only a small change, has usually an affect on itīs developing kynetics. Thatīs why we need developing timetables for b/w at all and thats why times change anytime a manufacturer does something to the film.

I think for Tmax there were three different devtimes released over the past 5 years whenever Kodak touched it to improove it.

If Agfa changed the 1+50 time for Rodinal in 2003 the reason was that they did "something" to the emulsion. Whatever it was.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa's US Rodinal data-sheets were quite different to the European version for a long time, at least from the mid 1980's. It was almost as if the developer was a slightly different original concentration, and Agfa did change that concentrate in Europe over the years, at least twice after the merger with Gevaert when they reformulated Rodinal.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    ...You test an emuslion for different developers and times when it is all finished. Ourīs isnīt yet and we run type to type comparison in D76, cross checking in Rodinal (1+25 for 10 minutes)...Whatever you do to an emulsion, even if itīs only a small change, has usually an affect on itīs developing kynetics. Thatīs why we need developing timetables for b/w at all and thats why times change anytime a manufacturer does something to the film...
    Yes, I understand that the ADOX PAN 400 emulsion will be different than APX 400. However, as long as your product development started from the last (2003) incarnation of APX 400, I'm confident that times in Rodinal 1+50 will be long, if not exactly 30 minutes. "Long" is all I need to be a happy consumer of the new film!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin