Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,915   Online: 1188

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=brucemuir;1160293]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post

I love the Eastern European products for their uniqueness but it seems these types of complaints are far too common.
    Add Adox CMS 20 to the list. I found this film to be of relatively poor and inconsistent quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really like this paper, but moved to Ilford until 100 sheet boxes show up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Is this VC paper?
    When a man forgets how to use his hands, he becomes hopelessly lost in his head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

Mirko has explained on previous occasions that due to the Adox pricing structure, 100 sheet boxes of 8"x10" Adox MCC would not be available at significant discount over the 25 sheet packaging.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it were pressure sensitization due to cutting, well, you have 4 cut areas per sheet so by this reasoning you should (or could) have up to 4 black lines per sheet.

When you see only one black line, and can attribute it to a factory problem it may be one of several things:

1. Pressure sensitivity fogging the paper which is set on end as a whole roll. This crushes one edge and can fog it.

2. A light fog along one edge due to some sort of leak at the factory or in packing. Check the black bag and see if the seal is tight along the fogged edge.

I'll probably think of a few more.

Good luck.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Michael R 1974;1160283]
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    The days of Kodak quality are disappearing.

QUOTE]

What are you referring to here? Have you noticed flaws in Kodak film or chemistry?
    I may be wrong, but I read it as Bruce saying that Kodak's quality is top notch, and hard for other manufacturers to match. I didn't read it as him saying that Kodak's quality has gone downhill.

If this is what he meant, then I agree. I feel the same way about Ilford and Fuji, though. I've never had so much as a minor problem with any product from either of these "Big Three." But I have had at the very least minor quality issues with every product I have used by one of the "alternative" manufacturers. The only ones that have totally destroyed shots for 100 percent analog purposes have been Efke/Adox films and occasionally Fotokemika paper. However, if I really wanted to save those shots, I could use digital methods.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-31-2011 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've participated in those discussions, but a savings is still a savings. Until then, I'll keep using the Ilford brand.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow, lots of responses. thanks.

yes its only along one edge, and no, it does not come off by rubbing, tried that while i was printing when i couldnt figure out what it was. the reason i dont think its fogging due to light is that the line is very thin and doesnt bleed at all, as if drawn with a ruler.

i pm'd mirko and am awaiting a response.

Bodies: 1DIII, RZ ProII, Walker Titan 45
    Other: CanoScan 8800F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If paper or film is rolled into a tight roll preparatory to cutting, any impact, fold, crease or exposure will create a very fine line along the area of contact.

It will look as if drawn by a ruler!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I think this may be my first post - but I have been lurking for a while!
    In Australia we can get very few of these obscure Euro products (that often seem to be of dubious manufacture) and that does not concern me one bit.
    Those of us who like to print our own B&W should be supporting Ilford with every dollar we can because they are not only the last of the big four still coating B&W paper but probably the only one, big or small, that will be left standing before too long.
    Let's not kid ourselves either that any of these products coming out of Europe are really Agfa by another name - AgfaPhoto is dead. A coating machine once owned by Agfa or a couple of "chemists" who once worked for Agfa do not make an Agfa factory.
    I have much the same feelings re film. While there is more choice available in film, if we want to continue to have, say, TriX available, let's support Kodak and buy the stuff instead of some off-brand emulsion that may not be here next month or if is could well be made by someone else in another country.
    Collectively we don't need to repeat the Kodachrome saga and not use it for 10 years but profess lifelong love for it then complain bitterly when the manufacturer drops it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin