Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,816   Online: 990

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    @Gerald C Koch...,
    Adox CMS 20 and Ilford Pan f belongs in quite different leagues.
    Adox CMS 20 in Adotech or TETENAL Dokumol, or even Rodinal 1:200 is spectacular.
    Some of us have been working with Adox CMS 20 for years, used it in various conditions/sets etc etc.
    Also, I have been developing Adox CMS 20 with chemistry, dissolved in electro-activated water.. and I have tried other emulsions that way as well, so I pretty much know where I stand and where the currently existing products stand
    Now, obviously there is a new Adotech developer, adding some new shades to the already awesome package

Shooter
    Large Format
    I will check with Freestyle on Mon. When I called them several months ago regarding the UR developer, they were happy to special order it with a 6 week wait. My interest in the 120 cms20 is to scale down from ULF, produce the highest quality digital neg, and platinum or carbon print. The attraction of 120 is of course the smaller footprint, decreased susceptibility to wind, and expanded photographing options even if I remain wedded to a tripod and mlu. If I need to order from Europe what are my options for a site in English. Thanks for the help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I will also check with digitaltruth.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In this way the SPUR company (Aachen - Germany) seems to be very active in suitable developers for (Agfa) Copex micro films like CMS20 and ATP1.1

They made the new (Rollei) ATP-DC A1/B (35mm) - A2/B (roll film) for the Rollei-Maco company and this new Adotech II for Adox-Impex. They are selling also their own SPUR Modular UR (new) developer for developing micro films.

http://www.spur-photo.com/
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aengelphoto View Post
    I will check with Freestyle on Mon. When I called them several months ago regarding the UR developer, they were happy to special order it with a 6 week wait. My interest in the 120 cms20 is to scale down from ULF, produce the highest quality digital neg, and platinum or carbon print. The attraction of 120 is of course the smaller footprint, decreased susceptibility to wind, and expanded photographing options even if I remain wedded to a tripod and mlu. If I need to order from Europe what are my options for a site in English. Thanks for the help.
    Fotoimpex in Berlin has CMS 20 in 120 size in their web-shop. Unfortunately their English language support is not complete but if you look at the enclosed link and send them a mail in English, I think they can fix it for you. They are very helpful.
    Good luck !

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot the link. Sorry !

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/filme/m...aufkleber.html
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you! Perhaps if Mirko is watching this thread, he might comment on whether any US retailers are planning on carrying the 120. And when the Adotech II might be available

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aengelphoto View Post
    Thank you! Perhaps if Mirko is watching this thread, he might comment on whether any US retailers are planning on carrying the 120. And when the Adotech II might be available
    Perhaps you should send him a mail. I have been in contact with him before and he wrote that he can only check the APUG conversation when he has time, but he has been very helpful in answering questions. You can reach him at info@adox.de .

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    @Gerald C Koch...,
    Adox CMS 20 and Ilford Pan f belongs in quite different leagues.
    Adox CMS 20 in Adotech or TETENAL Dokumol, or even Rodinal 1:200 is spectacular.
    Some of us have been working with Adox CMS 20 for years, used it in various conditions/sets etc etc.
    Also, I have been developing Adox CMS 20 with chemistry, dissolved in electro-activated water.. and I have tried other emulsions that way as well, so I pretty much know where I stand and where the currently existing products stand
    Now, obviously there is a new Adotech developer, adding some new shades to the already awesome package

What the heck is "electro-activated water?"

I'm another who has never much cared for document films and specialty low contrast developers for them for pictorial use, but if you absolutely must have the finest possible grain in 35mm, that's the way to get it. Personally I'd rather just shoot a larger negative to start with. I really don't need finer grain or higher resolving power than I can get out of a conventional slow film or 100 speed T-grain film in 120 negative sizes, but of course YMMV and having choices is a very good thing.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 07-25-2011 at 08:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What the heck is "electro-activated water?"
    It is produced by the electrolysis of water (tap) or distilled water with some minerals added to it, so you get alkaline and acid fractions or if You prefer hydrogen gas, hydroxide ions et etc.,, vs hypochlorous acid etc etc...

Electro-activated water has been in use by various industries for decades.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin