Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,534   Online: 1143

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Electro-activated water in just a new "snake oil."
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It might be new thing in US but its > 40 years old industry tool in Europe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a Wikipedia article on the subject:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysed_water
    ---but reading it sort of left me more confused than when I started. The term seems to refer more to a process for producing various solutions than to any particular resulting substance.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Large Format
    Karl-Gustav- Thanks for the links. I called Freestyle, the US importer, and they are expecting a shipment from Adox in late August. Their telephone sales reps list the 120 cms 20 on their screens, although it is not yet listed on the web site. I did not get any info on Adotech II. It looks like I will be able to get stuff in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    @aengelphoto
    I have friends in US who sometimes order Adox products straight from Fotoimpex official web store http://fotoimpex.de/ it could be the fastest way in Your situation.

I am gona try the new Adotech v2 sometime next week, so I could share info then.
    As for the original topic.. I still got a few rolls of Adox Pan 25 but looks like that will be it.

@ntenny You are right, just checked Your link..lol some of the info is relatively true but its been like that for years in the most wikis.
    btw: the resulting substances are 2 or 3 depending on the process..
    generally is anolyte and catholyte substances.
    You can check google scholar, they have a good list of scientific articles.
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...=1,5&q=anolyte
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...,5&q=catholyte
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...lyte+catholyte

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Bah CMS will never be available in 4X5 hence my original question.. CHS Art is good but not anywhere near the Pan 25 unfortunately!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Mirko,

thank you very much for all your efforts and the promising news.
    120 film converting and an improved Adotech II developer sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post

Copex Rapid is a very good film as well but CMS 20 is by far superior in fine grain and detail contrast.
    That is right.
    But:
    Agfa Copex Rapid, developed in the dedicated SPUR Modular UR New developer, is far superior to CMS 20 in
    - speed (real ISO 40; CMS 20 has only real ISO 6)
    - usability for handheld photography without problems
    - tonality (even better than most conventional films)
    - better characteristic curve with excellent shadow detail and much better highlight separation
    - dynamic range (14 stops)
    - real panchromatic sensitisation
    - flexibility, Agfa Copex Rapid is even excellent in reversal processing with increased speed.

In respect to the obvious disaffirmation which some mainly US based photographers seem to have against a working and perfected imaging system containing a microfilm plus a dedicated developer I can comment that you are ofcourse free in your choice but the results will very probably be inferior.
    Right!
    The problem is that photographers use these US developers like Pota, TD-3 or diluted standard developers, which doesn't work properly with the current microfilms.
    It's a kind of rape of the films.
    These old formulas from Photographers Formulary are completely outdated.
    By far the best stuff today are the SPUR developers, which are designed for the current Agfa microfilms.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film-Niko,

Copex Rapid is a different film which for sure is the better choice if you try to replace PAN 25 as it performs among the microfilms the most like a regular film.
    But is canīt be compared to CMS 20 because it has grains of twice the size of CMS 20.
    We decided that we donīt use the Copex Rapid (next to selling the Spur product ofcourse, we have been friends for many years) because we wanted the best resolving microfilm in the world to set the benchmark.

Also you are comparing the old CMS 20 plus ADOTECH I obviously.
    The usability of the curve has been extended with the new ADOTECH II so some of your named differences will disappear or be less visible.

I wonder about your claim for sensitization. The sensitization of both films is very similar and I would not call Copex Rapid "real panchromatic".

ADOTECH II is now in production. The test-phase is finished.
    Freestyle will carry both products.

FlatLux,

CMS 20 has been available in 4x5 since 4 years. We just have a temporary lack of supply because the sheetfilm confectioning we used has been closed and our own confectioning is in the process of beeing set up and in the meantime we ran out.

It will be back the latest in December unless we find a temporary solution.

You sayd that: "CHS Art is good but not anywhere near the Pan 25 unfortunately! "

Would you mind telling me which differences you found exactly?

Kind regards,

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 08-17-2011 at 03:08 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added the last sentence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just so no one gets confused here because we are talking about CMS 20 in the PAN 25 thread: Our replacement film for PAN 25 is CHS 25.

CMS 20 might be also an interesting alternative to look into but it is a closed imaging system consisiting of Film plus dedicated developer which enables you to shoot in 35mm with the resolution of 4x5" but limits you in your creative choice of selecting the developer.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Mirko,

Film-Niko,

Copex Rapid is a different film which for sure is the better choice if you try to replace PAN 25 as it performs among the microfilms the most like a regular film.
    I completely agree. I have replaced Pan 25, Pan F+ and APX 25 with Agfa Copex Rapid and Spur Modular UR New developer.
    Using is easy, like a conventional film, but with much better quality.

But is canīt be compared to CMS 20 because it has grains of twice the size of CMS 20.
    Right.
    I know that because I use both films .
    CMS 20 is an almost grainless film, it is really extreme.
    In cases I need that or want that, and circumstances allow a tripod (for best tonality and shadow detail I expose the film with ISO 4 - 6 and with little reduced development time, that works best), then I take CMS 20.

In daily photography I prefer the more versatile ISO 40 Agfa Copex / Modular UR New combination.
    And this combination is really fine grained, too. 16x20" prints from 35 mm are excellent.

Horses for courses.

Also you are comparing the old CMS 20 plus ADOTECH I obviously.
    The usability of the curve has been extended with the new ADOTECH II so some of your named differences will disappear or be less visible.
    I have found the Spur Modular UR New with Part A2 for CMS 20 to be much better than the Adotech I.
    But Modular UR New with Part A1 for Agfa Copex Rapid is even better, because you get more shadow detail as with CMS 20 and better highlight separation.

If I understand you right your new Adotech II is also made by Spur, so I guess it will deliver a similar performance like Spur Modular UR New with Part A2.That is good news.

I wonder about your claim for sensitization. The sensitization of both films is very similar and I would not call Copex Rapid "real panchromatic".
    I have compared both films in this respect, and there are visible differences:
    Red is much darker with CMS 20 compared to Copex rapid.
    Copex Rapid's red is as dark as the reds of Plus-X, Fp4+, Kentmere 100. No difference.
    It really looks like all the other panchromatic films.
    Whereas CMS 20 is orthopanchromatic.
    Agfa says in the datasheet for Copex Rapid that this film is panchromatic.
    From my experience Agfa is right with this description.

But in general it is not a big issue for me: I like both panchromatic and orthopanchromatic sensitisation.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin