Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,922   Online: 788

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post

FlatLux,

CMS 20 has been available in 4x5 since 4 years. We just have a temporary lack of supply because the sheetfilm confectioning we used has been closed and our own confectioning is in the process of beeing set up and in the meantime we ran out.

It will be back the latest in December unless we find a temporary solution.

You sayd that: "CHS Art is good but not anywhere near the Pan 25 unfortunately! "

Would you mind telling me which differences you found exactly?

Kind regards,

Mirko
    Hi Mirko

CMS in 4X5 is perhaps overkill

But on the CHS Art vs. Pan 25 comparison, I find that the Pan 25 gives me more manageable negs, they´re thinner in base (of course), cut to a greater precision in size (the CHS vary a lot in length even from within the same box, some sheets dont even fit into my scanner neg holder and therefore wobbles and end up out of focus, that is my major issue with the CHS) the tonality is better or more to my personal liking and last but not least I´ve found the quality control seems better or more consistent with the Pan 25.

Hope this answers why I prefer the Pan 25

Regards
    /Bo
    Last edited by FiatluX; 08-20-2011 at 05:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bo,

if it is only about confectioning quality of the CHS films then things might change.
    We have benn discussing this also over in our german forum.
    PAN 25 was confectioned in Germany, CHS due to price issues (competition form efke films) is not.
    This could easily be changed however if you and the others are willing to pay a little extra.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin