Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 819

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Adox Pan 25 discontinued?

Has the Adox Pan 25 gone out of production?

No one seems to be able to deliver it!

Shooter
    35mm
    I just started using Adox Pan 25 a few months ago. Figures. Now it is no longer listed on their website. The CHS 25 is still listed, however, and it looks like they are bringing CMS 20 out in 120 size as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that Adox Pan 25 and Adox CHS25 are the same film. They are re branded EFKE 25

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As third party Filmotec was involved. Like Ortho 25 but this film is panchromatic. Maco (Rollei Pan 25) is the same film but they found in the Agfa Gevaert production (Rollei Retro 80S) a better and cheaper product so it will be discontinued too.

So what rest is the Efke 25 and the simmilar Adox CHS 25 film, both Orthopan.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    AFAIK Pan 25 (not CHS 25, which is indeed a different film, I know for sure because I have used both) is discontinued. I remember it was mentioned in a german forum some time ago.

I was a big fan of the original Agfa APX 25. I've been looking for a replacement for a long time.
    I've tested Rollei Pan 25 and Adox Pan 25, but was not satiesfied. Good films, but they couldn't match Agfa APX 25.
    APX 25 has had much better detail: Higher resolution, better sharpness and finer grain, and therefore was better suitable for bigger prints. Curve shape was better with APX as well.
    And Agfas QC was much better, I've always got top quality.

Now, finally, I have found a replacement which completely satisfy me.
    It even surpasses Agfa APX 25 significantly:

It's from Agfa-Gevaert again (fresh production from Belgium):
    Agfa Copex Rapid, developed in the dedicated developer SPUR Modular UR New (part A1 + B).

With this film-developer combination I achieve the following advantages compared to Agfa APX 25 and Adox Pan 25:

- higher effective speed with ISO 40/17°
    - wonderful linear chracteristic curve, excellent shadow detail and tonality
    - much, much better resolution; Agfa Copex Rapid delivers incredible high resolution
    - significantly better sharpness
    - finer grain

The quality level is outstanding: I have directly compared 35mm Agfa Copex Rapid with my 6x6 medium format Plus-X, Fomapan 100 and FP4+ shots (exactly same shooting conditions). Made 16x20" prints from both.
    The 35mm Agfa Copex Rapid / Spur Modular UR New prints surpass the prints from medium format 6x6 Plus-X, FP4+, Fomapan.
    Better detail with the Copex Rapid 35mm pictures. And excellent tonality.

It's photography heaven for me: I can combine the advantages of my 35mm system with medium format quality.
    And with Copex Rapid 120 I am very near to 4x5" with Fomapan 100 or FP4+.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Film-Niko, very interesting. Thanks for sharing your findings. Must investigate!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That glowing report on Agfa Copex Rapid almost sounds like an advertisement, Film-Niko. I tried the film and an early version of Spur in my Minox several years ago, and it did produce good results. I don't really care for expensive, proprietary developers though, else I'd probably try it in 35mm format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa Copex (micro film from Agfa - Gevaert, Belgium) you have in different versions: With extended red, like Tech Pan (Kodak) used under Rollei brand (Maco) ATP1.1 and Orthopan under CMS20 (Adox).

SPUR created different low contrast document developers for these films: The latest ATP-DC/AB (divided) for Rollei, Adotech and his own version: SPUR modular UR (new).

Only with these special developers you will reach an optimum result with a reasonable iso rate (20-32).
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    That glowing report on Agfa Copex Rapid almost sounds like an advertisement, Film-Niko.
    Dear SkipA, I have no relationsship to Agfa or Spur.
    And such established companies (hey, Agfa-Gevaert is a really big company, thousands of workers, listed at the stock market) will never choose an amateur photographer like me to do an advertisement for them.

I think apug is about sharing experiences between film photographers. That was my only intention. I have lot's of experience with Adox Pan 25, and other films in this speed class like Ilford Pan F, Agfa APX 25, Rollei Pan 25, Adox CHS 25, Rollei ATP and Agfa Copex Rapid.

In our today's analogue photo world research and new products are rare.
    Therefore I am happy about any new product.
    I was very happy about new Kodak TMY-2,
    very happy about new Adox MCP and MCC paper,
    and very happy about new Ilford/Harman direct positive paper.
    All excellent products, and I am very satiesfied with them.

And I am very happy about the new Spur Modular UR New developer, and that Agfa Copex Rapid is available again, both in 135 and 120 (if I remember right, in former times this film was never available in 120 format).
    This film - developer combination is an excellent match.
    I have written about it because I think it is a "hidden secret" of the market. Most photographers don't know about it.

I think that is was apug is about, share information and experience for the benefit of other photographers.

I tried the film and an early version of Spur in my Minox several years ago, and it did produce good results.
    Spur was very active during the last years, did further research and has permanently improved their developers. I have used the former versions as well.
    Compared to the first versions, the latest version is indeed significantly improved.
    Especially much better curve shape, which now is perfect, and much longer shelf life (3 years).

I don't really care for expensive, proprietary developers though, else I'd probably try it in 35mm format.
    It is not an expensive developer, it is indeed quite cheap. I get even better performance in 35mm with it compared to conventional films like Fomapan 100 oder FP4+ in 120 format.
    I have 36 shots in 35mm, I need 3 x 120 films to get 36 shots for 6x6.
    One 35mm Agfa Copex Rapid film + Spur Modular developer is about 45 % cheaper than 3 FP4+ 120 film and standard developer.

I have much lower cost, and even a bit better picture quality compared to conventional rollfilm. And developer shelf life of three years.
    I think that's a real good deal, at least for me.
    Last edited by Film-Niko; 06-23-2011 at 12:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin