Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,080   Online: 1165

Shooter
    Medium Format

Development time Foma100+Rodinal

Hi

I am returning to film after a break of 15 years and am shooting Foma100 (120) rated at 125 and will be processing in Rodinal(100:1). Any idea of the suggested dev time with this combination?

Thank you in anticipation.

Robert

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your best resource:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php

Interpolate and test if your exact requirement isn't listed. 120 should be the same as 135 in most cases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try exposing the film a bit under EI100 (like EI 50) and developing it in Rodinal 1:100 for 13 mins inserting the tank only once every minute. The trick with Rodinal and Foma 100 is to agitate the tank very little. As always, do your own testing before developing anything important.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Film developed in Rodinal generally loses speed. It's best to shoot at one stop slower than box speed if you plan on using Rodinal. That being said, the MDC shows it exposed at iso 100 diluted 1+100 for 10 minutes, you may want to add 25% to that for the push needed. This is just a starting point, your actual time for this combo can only be determined by trial and error on your part.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all, that is a great help.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With Foma 100 I can barely squeak out ISO 64-80 with D76 1+1 so I'd be careful shooting it at 125.

It doesn't like overdevelopment either so I go safe and never rate it over 80.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Rodinal 1:100 with Fomapan 100 E.I. 100 1 hour stand (1min agitation for the first minute, 8sec at 30mins and 8 sec agitation at full hour)at 20°C with 2mins prewash and I usually get usable results.

Good Luck

Dominik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin