Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,033   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle is merely passing along the added fees they must pay to ship harmful chems overseas. You want to bitch at somebody for fees, look to your government for imposing them in the first place, not to mention the shipping companies adding fees for handling hazardous materials.
    Last edited by Rick A; 05-11-2012 at 11:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simply not true. I work for a canadian manufacture and program our software for cross border (both directions) and know the true cost of "shipping" international. I now buy from B&H who have addressed the issue. I only go back to freestyle when I have no other choice. Too bad, really.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic news! Having been a little disappointed with the Rollei C41 kits, I look forward to trying these Tetenal products. And Neofin Blau - Woo-Hoo! I have waited to try that again.

Thanks!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Freestyle is merely passing along the added fees they must pay to ship harmful chems overseas. You want to bitch at somebody for fees, look to your government for imposing them in the first place, not to mention the shipping companies adding fees for handling hazardous materials.
    Absolute rubbish.

I was actually referring to the $28 "handling fee", reported to me in an email from Freestyle's Customer Service Manager, for boxes of Ilford ULF film. In fact, the email confirmed that it is charged on ALL transactions.

It has nothing to do with either chemical transportation costs, nor my government imposing charges. If you had half a clue about this latter claim, you would realise that it is a cost imposed at our boarder, not at point of sale, and would be included in the International component of the postage costs (i.e. not the $28 initial charge).

It is about Freestyle posting headline rates, then gouging bullshit fees based on alleged handling fees.

So, perhaps check your facts next time before chirping this sort of misinformed junk.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    LJH - Check this out....I think Freestyle has new options called FIMS (FedEx Intl Mail Service) shipping option, if true I think your comments are incorrect:

http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-104364.html
    Last edited by zsas; 05-11-2012 at 05:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fix link
    Andy

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    LJH - Check this out....I think Freestyle has new options called FIMS (FedEx Intl Mail Service) shipping option, if true I think your comments are incorrect:

http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-104364.html
    FIMS is only for orders under $150, and still would appear to be subject to the additional $28 gouge.

Here's the excerpt from the email:

On the CHECKOUT SCREEN you first see our regular shipping which is also*the handling charge for the order. This fee is charged on all orders. When you click the USPS option (which is mandatory for international orders because it does cost more to ship internationally) that fee is*added to the handling charge for the total amount of the shipping charged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    FIMS is only for orders under $150, and still would appear to be subject to the additional $28 gouge.

Here's the excerpt from the email:

On the CHECKOUT SCREEN you first see our regular shipping which is also*the handling charge for the order. This fee is charged on all orders. When you click the USPS option (which is mandatory for international orders because it does cost more to ship internationally) that fee is*added to the handling charge for the total amount of the shipping charged.
    Don't forget the $30 UPS broker surcharge.... They do not do themselves any favors dealing with UPS internationally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One rule is that you get hit with a $28 bullshit charge for "handling", then the International rates get added...
    ...I was actually referring to the $28 "handling fee", reported to me in an email from Freestyle's Customer Service Manager, for boxes of Ilford ULF film. In fact, the email confirmed that it is charged on ALL transactions...
    ...be subject to the additional $28 gouge...
    You continue condemning the decision of an independent business to charge a fee it considers appropriate remuneration for whatever its employees do when shipping packages to your country. But you won't describe any less expensive locally available alternatives as previously requested:

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    What charges do Tetenal dealers in Oz add? How does the total cost of Tetenal chemicals purchased locally compare to buying them from Freestyle?

Rather than hurling epithets at Freestyle for its business decisions, why not vote with your Oz dollars? The world's a competitive place. If you and enough others there patronize local retailers instead, then notify Freestyle of the reason for your approach, it could encourage them to lower or eliminate the handling charge. On the other hand, if there are no Tetenal distributors/dealers on Oz, it might be better to say "thank you, Freestyle" rather than griping about the cost of your only means to obtain a non-essential product.
    OK, prove your point to Freestyle. Make no purchases there. That'll show 'em.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    To (yet again) reiterate, I am referring to Ilford's film, and not Tetenal. I'm quite happy buying Tetenal from my local supplier, and have been for years.

Unfortunately, Ilford does not have a local supplier participating in the ULF run, so I am forced to use an offshore supplier.

However, that's not the point here, either. It is the gouging of a randomly decreed "handling" fee based on being an international buyer that I find objectionable. No other company I deal with does it, and, as such, I will now look elsewhere for my purchases wherever possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    You continue condemning the decision of an independent business to charge a fee it considers appropriate remuneration for whatever its employees do when shipping packages to your country. But you won't describe any less expensive locally available alternatives...OK, prove your point to Freestyle. Make no purchases there. That'll show 'em.
    ...Unfortunately, Ilford does not have a local supplier participating in the ULF run, so I am forced to use an offshore supplier...
    No, ULF film is not a requirement for life, so you're not actually forced to use any supplier. However, if you desire the film, there are quite a few alternatives. See pages 2 through 5 on the attachment for 17 others worldwide you can choose from. Compare their charges for orders shipped to Oz with Freestyle's. A better approach in venues such as this might be to praise retailers you view as superior rather than knocking one you don't like.

...It is the gouging of a randomly decreed "handling" fee based on being an international buyer that I find objectionable. No other company I deal with does it, and, as such, I will now look elsewhere for my purchases wherever possible.
    Again, if no other company has concluded it must charge such a fee, why not patronize those preferred alternative suppliers? Isn't that what I suggested in the first place?
    Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin