Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,135   Online: 1152
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Yorkville, Il
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    324
    I've e-mailed them mnany times and recieved polite return corispondence offering me a different product. I echo Donalds thoughts as far as customer loyalty.

    Mike

    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    Out of curiousity will you all offer additional sheet film sizes? especially 7x17, and also other sizes such as 5x12, 12x20, 8x20?

    JandC seems to be the only seller of such "odder" sizes and would love if another seller were out there to provide sheet film in these sizes.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    3,242
    When I buy on line from Freestyle I am offered several different shipping options which include ground UPS.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    554
    Images
    17
    I have ordered from both J&C and Freestyle, and have found them both to be EXCELLENT places. However, I am hoping that Freestyle will be keeping their films in stock better than J&C can.

  4. #14
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,715
    Images
    20

    Exclusive?! Why & Clarify

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    I have ordered from both J&C and Freestyle, and have found them both to be EXCELLENT places. However, I am hoping that Freestyle will be keeping their films in stock better than J&C can.
    J and C offers the hard to get sizes and the ulf sizes, the problem with stocking is probably not with J and C but with Efke production schedule of these size films... I must say that I do not agree with "exclusivity" of a product...what does this really mean...traditionally it would mean that a distributor was under contract to move an agreed amount of product and for that would be the only distributor allowed to sell in an area.....exclusivity for all of USA does not ring well with me! This is no reflection on the fine company that Freestyle is and that J and C is.....

    Exclusive = exclude---I will not be a happy child if this is the case...could Freestyle clarify their relationship with Efke....will Freestyle be the only retail outlet in the USA selling the EFKE product line?
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 07-12-2006 at 03:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Exclusivity?!

  5. #15
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,715
    Images
    20

    Manufacturer/Distributor/Retailer/relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    J and C offers the hard to get sizes and the ulf sizes, the problem with stocking is probably not with J and C but with Efke production schedule of these size films... I must say that I do not agree with "exclusivity" of a product...what does this really mean...traditionally it would mean that a distributor was under contract to move an agreed amount of product and for that would be the only distributor allowed to sell in an area.....exclusivity for all of USA does not ring well with me! This is no reflection on the fine company that Freestyle is and that J and C is.....

    Exclusive = exclude---I will not be a happy child if this is the case...could Freestyle clarify their relationship with Efke....will Freestyle be the only retail outlet in the USA selling the EFKE product line?
    To continue the thought: and maybe best to start a new thread?

    Distributors are "usually" suppliers to retail outlets who provide the product to the end user, they purchase directly from the manufacturer and distribute to retail outlets-keeping the product in constant supply. This is the main upside to the Manufacturer -distributor -retail -end user relationship.....the distributor stocks and purchases in such an abundant supply that price points can be lowered and product is readily available, upon order to the retail network....

    Today, however, for many products, a brick and mortar store is not essential-product is sold over the internet and delivered via several agencies....therefore a "distributor" also becomes the retail seller, in the past this was not common in the manufacturer, distributor, retail relationship chain, today we are seeing it is more and more the case...

    So it would seem if Freestyle has arranged an exclusive contract for a certain product or number of products for a specfic area, USA, they are then also a "distributor to other retail outlets as well as their own retail sales division, competing with those outlets whose customer base uses the product? That is a question.
    I guess a a small upside might be, a person on the east coast could more readily get their Efke products via B and H, but only if B and H would have ordered thro FreeStyle and had arranged for the products to be dropped shipped? In these cases the agency with the exclusive agreement gets a percentage of all products sold in their exclusive area! I do not see how this arrangement is helpful in bottom line price to the end user? Am I all alone and out in the woods on this?

  6. #16
    gbenaim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    403
    Images
    15

    Int'l Shipping

    I second the call for cheaper int'l shipping. I'd buy all my supplies from them if they did.

  7. #17
    MattCarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,303
    Images
    31
    I like Freestyle and JandC both.

    JandC have that "we are a small group working on our passion (analogue photography)" attitude. I really like that. They also have the difficulty of a small group--sometimes running out of stock, sometimes not responding really fast to an email. This is not to say that Freestyle doesn't have the same problems sometimes.

    However, Freestyle could learn from JandC's playbook--JandC doesn't typically make an announcement and then leave the forum. They tend to watch the thread and respond. It has only been a day, but I would have expected a response (or more ) by JandC if this were their thread.

    I.e. John is a part of the community. That means a lot to me.

    Matt

  8. #18
    copake_ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NYC or Copake or Tucson
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    4,092
    Images
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield
    I also wish Freestyle would offer another shipping choice than FedEx. Maybe UPS or USPS Priority Mail?
    Don't like "Brown" but ditto on your second suggestion. Perhaps the folks at Freestyle do not realize that USPS Priority Mail is out-sourced to FedEx for carriage?

    Yep, you ship USPS Priority it goes via FedEx.

  9. #19
    Dave Wooten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    2,715
    Images
    20
    You can open your own UPS account and have them pick up for you...I use this arrangement both in the US and in China...

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,512
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham
    Don't like "Brown" but ditto on your second suggestion. Perhaps the folks at Freestyle do not realize that USPS Priority Mail is out-sourced to FedEx for carriage?

    Yep, you ship USPS Priority it goes via FedEx.
    If you don't like brown you will not be happy to learn that UPS recently signed an agreement with the USPS to carry USPS volume between 90 major cities on UPS aircraft.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin