Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 790

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Freestyle Named Exclusive USA Distributor of EFKE Films and VARYCON Papers!

Freestyle Photographic Supplies announced today that it has finalized an agreement with Fotokemika-Nova, of Samobor, Croatia, officially naming Freestyle the exclusive United States distributor of Efke-brand films and Varycon-brand photographic papers.

Efke B&W films (a formulation previously branded as 'ADOX'), and Varycon B&W papers, have filled a custom niche position with the creative fine-art photographic community in the US market for many years.

"There has been much confusion and misinformation regarding the current and future availability of our products in America", states Slaven Miskec, export manager for Fotokemika-Nova. "We are excited to have reached this agreement with Freestyle. Their well-established strategic marketing approach, as well as their very efficient distribution capabilities, makes Freestyle uniquely qualified to successfully maximize the recognition and availability of the Efke and Varycon brand."

Freestyle is excited to have the opportunity to make the Fotokemika product-lines more widely available in the US. "Many in the industry have proclaimed the demise of film and the darkroom – propaganda with which Freestyle and our manufacturing partners - and our customers - strongly disagree. We are committed to continue taking a proactive position in ensuring the future availability of as many traditional photographic products as possible. We believe that this partnership further solidifies that commitment," comments Gerald H. Karmele, Freestyle's President and Chief Operating Officer.

Established in 1946, Freestyle Photographic Supplies is a leading international retail, mail order and internet provider of photographic cameras, equipment and supplies nationwide, as well as the exclusive United States distributor of Kentmere black and white photographic papers, Foma black and white photographic papers and films, Fotospeed specialty chemicals, Holga cameras and accessories, Cachet archival storage boxes, Image Mechanics fluid mount trays and Rollei/Maco black and white films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad, as you only offer only FedEx for international shipping(twice as expensive as any other shipping option), buying from you is totally out of the question...
    Amund

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Out of curiousity will you all offer additional sheet film sizes? especially 7x17, and also other sizes such as 5x12, 12x20, 8x20?

JandC seems to be the only seller of such "odder" sizes and would love if another seller were out there to provide sheet film in these sizes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amund,
    Freestyle is in the States, you're in Europe. Why not check European distributors of Efke, like (I just googled this) http://www.efke.nl/ ,for starters. There may also be others, probably in Germany. HTH, Norm
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I picked up the last of your efke 25 in 120 a couple weeks ago. I'm glad you've got their products since no one else in the states does.

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Norm, there even is a distributor of Efke here in Norway, so Efke film alone is no problem, but Freestyle has a lot of other nice goods too... I`m pretty sure internationals sales would go up a lot if they could ship with UPS and USPS. Leaving FedEx as the only option makes me think they aren`t really interested in shipping internationally...
    Amund

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Is there less here than meets the eye? Is Freestyle just selling the film exclusively under the Efke brand and J&C selling the same film under the Adox brand? I'm a happy customer of both Freestyle and J&C, so I'm glad to see more than one US source for these films, as long as the market supports them.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    My concern runs along that of David's. I have been very happy with the price, service, and availability for JandC. They brought this to us initially. It would take a lot for me to abandon them.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've found JandC more convenient, too. I have to deal with rain and shipping by USPS, as JandC does, keeps my stuff nice and dry. UPS (B&H) and FexEx (Freestyle) dump the box on the porch in the rain. Otherwise, I've been happy with Freestyle, too. So, I also hope this is just a branding situation.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    I also wish Freestyle would offer another shipping choice than FedEx. Maybe UPS or USPS Priority Mail?
    —Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin