Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,442   Online: 1139

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read that article and it was a well written feature on Freestyle, nothing wrong with that I will be writting pieces like this in my PR career. However in the concept of objectivity, I would have also highlight JandC photo and other specialty houses.

I get all my information on photography off APUG, RFF, and Flickr these days because that is where the like minded people are.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So will I-though UK B&W, Ag and of course Emulsion are all VG
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

A penny saved, is a penny earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I read that article and it was a well written feature on Freestyle, nothing wrong with that I will be writting pieces like this in my PR career. However in the concept of objectivity, I would have also highlight JandC photo and other specialty houses.

I get all my information on photography off APUG, RFF, and Flickr these days because that is where the like minded people are.

Bill
    Agree here and also with Ari and Eric,

A more journalistic article would have definately included J and C, Ilfords renewed and continued dedication, the special offerings of Kodak and Ilford to the ULF community-more choices out there than ever at the present-the introduction of magazines like Focus and Emulsion, with major emphasis on current trends in fine art photography and Gallery exhibitions at an all time high...with an emphasis on film photography, also the major revival in alternative processes! Of course this will not happen in an "ADvert" article.

It would not have hurt and it would not have been out of line at all to put a line in about APUG, WORLD"S LARGEST MOST ACTIVE AND SHARING FORUM DEDICATED TO FILM PHOTOGRAPHY, on which the subject company of the article does advertise and is strongly supported.

Save your pennies, nickles and dimes.......

In the comfort and privacy of your own home, You can just click on the attachment provided (thank you very much FS) with the 1st post on this thread to read the article....no need to purchase this mag. In my not so humble opinion, unfortunately for dedicated film photographers, this magazine for quite some time has not been and is not now worth the rack price nor the subscription price.
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 10-17-2006 at 06:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelin, punkshewashun,

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I discovered APUG through a mention in UK B&W-thanks for that
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin