Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,511   Posts: 1,543,569   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Popular Photography : Inside Straight - Film Forever!

Please see the following article published in the November issue of Popular Photography written by Mr. Herbert Keppler, titled "Film Forever!". The article describes in great detail the wide range of photographic products that Freestyle supplies to the vast traditional film and darkroom photographic community, which is very much alive and thriving.

http://www.popphoto.com/
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Does the man never age? Keppler looks just like he did when I read his column in _Modern Photography_ some 25 years ago.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I've enjoyed Mr. Keppler's articles ever since I was in my teens. I'll be sure to pick up the November issue. I do still read it fairly regularly. Thanks for the note.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Does the man never age? Keppler looks just like he did when I read his column in _Modern Photography_ some 25 years ago.
    Maybe he's been retouched in photoshop...
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Unfortunately, Keppler seems to be the only regular contributor to PopPhoto that believes in film.

I am winding down a 3-year subscription I foolishly bought from that digi-rag.

I had the "distinction" of being one of a group of subscribers who were "polled" about six months ago. All the questions were related to whether or not they needed to increase their digi-coverage even more!

Keppler's like the proverbial "nice girl"; what's he doing hanging out in a rag like PopPhoto?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like it when the retailers tell a little about their products. Too often we only hear from the end user who may have a different point of view depending on how they used the product. I like the article for the shot in the arm and I applaud Freestyle for the information and support.

Curt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's also interesting that Keppler has changed the name of his column from "SLR" to "Inside Straight" so that he can write about more things than slr's. I mean, what's left to write about? More pixels? Yawn ...

I, too am running on the fumes of a 3 yr subscription that won't be renewed. I got the November issue today, and I'll look through it and read Keppler's article and whatever else is of interest, and then it goes to the recycle pile.

But, in all fairness: if PopPhoto was still writing the same type of articles it has always written about film photography, we'd all be complaining that we "had read all this before." Well, we would. :rolleyes:

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    November's Popular Photography was suprisingly readable (contrary to the previous 20 or so month's editions). There was the freestyle article as well as an article about the psychological aspects of photography and photographers that was quite interesting.

Of course there was the usual stuff that you see every month - like the 12-color printer for $1900US which requires $900US for a new set of ink cartridges (?!?!). I guess I just don't "get it".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just out of curiosity... I didn't see any Freestyle ads in Emulsion, why is that?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    smacks of an advatorial to me. I know in some sports mag a product can be "editors pic" by paying for it. If not, all the best to a lone voice in the digi wilderness.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin