Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Well, since Neopan 400 has been discontinued in 120, I am going to stop using it!

Steve
    A wise decision Steve. How long did it take you to reach that decision? ;-) I'll stop using it too when my small supply runs out. I'm not holding my breath for it to re-appear with new backing paper, so the next thing is to work out what to replace it with.

Cheers, Peter.
    I found a roll and a roll of 120 Rollei 400 in the refrigerator last night. I guess I am going to forced to use them this weekend. It is a tough life, but someone has to live it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to open an old wound, wasn't the official reason from Fujifilm for Neopan 400's discontinuance in 120 that there was an environmentally unfriendly component in the backing paper? Well, being no chemist myself, I have just noticed (and I don't know why it took me so long) that on appearance the backing papers for Neopan 400 and Acros 100 are exactly the same. There is nothing printed on either of them to identify which film it is. The only identification of film type is on the packaging and on the sticky tab at the end of the film. Have Fujifilm conned us?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    There is nothing printed on either of them to identify which film it is. The only identification of film type is on the packaging and on the sticky tab at the end of the film. Have Fujifilm conned us?
    It does seem strange and yet there must be some good reason for its discontinuance. I don't believe that Neopan 400 wasn't selling enough so Fuji used a lame excuse to stop production.

The chromogenic 400( allegedly made by Ilford) continues so there is a demand for 400 Fuji film.

I hope the issue, whatever it is, can be solved and it will re-appear.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    ........ The chromogenic 400( allegedly made by Ilford) continues so there is a demand for 400 Fuji film......

pentaxuser
    I have read that the chromogenic 400 sold by Fuji is actually Ilford XP2. It's not sold worldwide anyway; certainly not here in Oz and I think not in the US either.

Shooter
    35mm
    What chromogenic 400? Do you mean Fuji has a chromogenic B&W film? I didn't know that. I do know that Fuji is still selling the Acros as well as color films in 120, so the backing paper thing never made sense to me. The chemical I heard blamed was PFOS.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    In some parts of Europe they sell something called Neopan 400CN, and it's C-41

Shooter
    35mm
    Just remind me. What is PFOS and where is this found in Neopan 400 that makes it unique to Neopan 400 120?

Clearly it isn't in Acros or any of Kodak's or Ilford's range of 120s. I cannot get my head around what it is that is banned and unique to Neopan 400 120 only.

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin