Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,761   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Freestyle is, quite simply, the best.
    Right on! I had a bad money losing experience with Adorama about 5 years ago and decided to try Freestyle-Chalk and Cheese IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think I have ever heard of someone not liking Freestyle.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered a big lot of film last year and the Freestyle people were extremely helpful.

Great people, great business

Andrew from Sydney

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought 20 rolls of Reala in 120 format off of the shelf the other day, and next time I get paid, I am getting 30 more!!! I was in a state of depression when I thought the film was discontinued. Yay, Freestyle!!!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wish all businesses were like Freestyle! A film order generally gets to Australia in about 4 days!!

Marc!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another Freestyler from Australia ;-) Amazed at how quick they turn around, and the quality of service. To be honest I'd like to buy locally, but no store here can touch the range and quality of service. Often Freestyle orders get to my door quicker than purchases made in my closest capital city... go figure!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent service. But, as mentioned already, their prices have crept up substantially. Ah well, you get what you pay for and you have to pay for what you want.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wish I could buy from Freestyle, because they have lots of things that I can't find here in Portugal, and at affordable prices... But the shipping costs are outrageous! There should be other shipping options for people who don't want to use Fedex...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I wish I could buy from Freestyle, because they have lots of things that I can't find here in Portugal, and at affordable prices... But the shipping costs are outrageous! There should be other shipping options for people who don't want to use Fedex...
    Well, that's strange. Put any items you wish in the shopping cart and click on the "calculate shipping" button. Type any zip code you wish, select "Portugal" and you'll notice that USPS Priority Mail International is the only option. Of course, there's no point in making small orders. If you don't wish to buy much, then a "joint" order is the best solution, splitting P&P makes it easier. Of course, finding friends who'd like to buy anything analog could be a tough task... :rolleyes: Finally, keep in mind that heavy and bulky items like paper will probably send P&P through the roof...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Anon_Ymous, you are right, there is the USPS option. But, just as an example, I added 7 rolls of 120 film to the cart, just to reach the $25 minimum order and clicked "calculate shipping". The results were $35 for USPS and $45 for Fedex.
    Perhaps it's like you are saying, it's not worth it for small orders...
    I'm not saying their shipping costs aren't fair, just that it's not practical for people overseas.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin