Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,901   Online: 1050

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder how much it would cost for an individual in the states to ship overseas. If someone like me were to play intermediary would the shipping be less?
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I wonder how much it would cost for an individual in the states to ship overseas. If someone like me were to play intermediary would the shipping be less?
    There are already broker companies that do offer these services, but I am not sure whether they would with film and such supplies.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Freestyle has also crazy expensive handling charges to Canada (not sure it's same for US or other countries), before "actual" shipping charges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shippers want documents like commercial invoices, that list the country of origin of every item in the shipment, to appease the customs brokers and customs inspectors/officers. A royal pain for companies not used to shipping out of the US, or Canada and most other countries as well. These rules don't normally apply to shipments by individuals on shipments valued under $1000 or so depending on destination. BUT. Shipping documents by FedX ground to Canada from the US requires commercial invoices on private shipments only containing a passport renewal application.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i ship things all the time that weigh less than 1lb ... and the freight costs 1lb.
    if it is bulky the price is up there because the package has to be large ...
    i have shipped cameras made of foam core, big ones ( 11x14 ) ... and they cost a king's ransom to ship.

why don't you call them and ask them directly what their shipping policy is ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Not to mention the 'First order via Wire transfer payment' rule.

I have to admit, $160 for your items is a total jip. I placed a $700 order that weighed in at just over 8kg and the shipping was $160. The only reason we went with Freestyle was the better choice they had. I think if I have to order oddball stuff in the future(I.E., Adox consumables), I will be looking at AG in the UK.
    My impression with AG is that he chooses not to exploit any customers be they UK or overseas based. I'd certainly contact him to see what he quotes in shipping charges.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    My impression with AG is that he chooses not to exploit any customers be they UK or overseas based. I'd certainly contact him to see what he quotes in shipping charges.

pentaxuser
    Yes, I agree. I have used Matt before. The main issue is the items are cheaper in the US. Cheap enough to offset the additional postage? Who knows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use www.shipito.com, they are a freight forwarding company. In fact a few days ago I resent 10 HP5 120 rolls of film for
    $14.36. That's less than half price per roll for a non group purchase when all costs are considered.

details :
    Mailout fee: $8.50
    Postage: $5.62
    bank fee 4.3%: $0.24
    TOTAL: $14.36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Freestyle has also crazy expensive handling charges to Canada (not sure it's same for US or other countries), before "actual" shipping charges.
    Right. I wonder how much is "shipping" and how much is "handling".
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    1.Fotoimpex, Berlin (Germany) -Zagreb (Croatia), 619 miles, 0,15 kg (2xglass and 1x 39 mm ring for enlargin lens),just shipping and handling was 40 $.

2. Freestylee, LA California - Zagreb (Croatia),6234 miles, (2x LegacyPro 100 35x100', 0,8 kg) ,just shipping and handling are 37.13 $.

Isn't that nice in global economy? I just looking for good prices and shopping around the world ,I don't even bother to find good prices in my (almost) neighborhoods because high shipping and handling costs.So,price for shipping and handling in Freestyle are not high. If I have money to by more films (additional 2x 35x 100') price for shipping and handling are about 15% higher.
    From my experience only G.Britain (from Europe) can be compare with USA and some country from far East for low shipping and handling costs to Croatia.
    Franol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin