Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,686   Online: 760

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    For a couple of weeks, I've seen three or four good sunrises.

A great part of my daily commute happens to be right in the coast (mediterranean, Barcelona), right where many tourists love to go down the beach. It's a great sight for the morning commute, with very nice seascape, but impossible to take pictures of.

The first one was particularly impressive, lovely to see the light building up. Hold a very orange-red on the sunrise side, and pinkish-violet on the other side of the sky. For the whole of it. Really nice. Sadly I entered the tunnels before it completely decayed.
    Cirrus give good sunsets, but sometimes, those stratocumulus that hold a very strong orange-red are more impressive.

As of sunsets, they are quite nice, but not particularly impressive. Here, seemingly, Colours get much better at twilight, not when the sun is touching the horizon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always look in the opposite direction to gauge. If the clouds have a glow then there's a good chance the sunset will be decent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Use a Graduated ND filter + Velvia 50?
    Yeah, every frame of Velvia has a superimposed sunset now. All the photographer has to do is find a round boulder for the foreground.

Agree with the storm suggestion.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Yeah, every frame of Velvia has a superimposed sunset now. All the photographer has to do is find a round boulder for the foreground.

Agree with the storm suggestion.
    I prefer grass or something artsy, like a decaying car.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I prefer grass or something artsy, like a decaying car.
    I think you're on to something there.

Note the film type

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've virtually given up sunsets unless they are over a lake or the sea. The reflection off the water delivers two sunsets for the price of one. And it's a sure way of avoiding the dreaded "amateur" sunset...colourful stuff in the top of the frame, amorphous black mass in the bottom half!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    YES!!! Now we're talking. I'll be famous!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A good sunset is any day I'm not stuck in the evening freeway commute. Ideally, I'm camped beside a
    10,000 ft lake in the High Sierra with no one else around for fifteen miles in any direction. Those sunsets are always the best.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin