Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,525   Online: 1107

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

a 'Limey' tries 'Yankie' Landscapes

Visited USA some years ago with the PhotoTravellers Group -- I took my Pentax 6x7 in the hope of getting some 6x7 transparencies to sell through my Agency but recently they have sent back all my photos as they want only 'Digital' photos now !! Here are some of my attempts ---
    Washington, Ruby Beach 45mm f4 SMC Pentax lens, Fuji Velvia 50, Epson 1650 flatbed, Vuescan, PhotoShop 7

USA: Washington: Ruby Beach by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Mount Rainer National Park -- Reflection Lake . 45mm f4 SMC Takumar lens, Fuji Velvia 50, Epson 1650 flatbed scanner, Vuescan, PhotoShop 7

USA: Washington: Reflection Lake' by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Yellowstone National Park ; 'Old Faithful' 105mm f2.4 SMC Takumar lens, Fuji Velvia 50, Epson 1650 flatbed, Vuescan, PhotoShop 7

USA: Wyoming: 'Old Faithfull' by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    I bet all you who LIVE in USA have got MUCH BETTER but I had to get shots as the light conditions were then move on !
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh the joys of the open spaces with just a camera and a few rolls of film: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sands_of_time.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	68316 (Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness, Utah).

Mind you, we have plenty of scenery right on our doorstep to shoot - Just a shame few seem to be interested in film now, preferring instead, digital shots and the two-a-penny microshot agencies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mind you, we have plenty of scenery right on our doorstep to shoot.
    WHAT did I tell you !! YES, A REAL WINNER -- lucky YOU !! ( PS: Send an Old Limey a Food Parcel please as Yanks kindly did during the War -- I loved the USA Powdered Egg ! )
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Large Format
    pentaxpete; I really liked your stuff. I wouldn't have sent those back to you, they are unique. I would have asked you to digital these as workfow had changed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Could always use a program like Reveal 1.2 to add the EXIF data... Make it look like you used a D700 or a D800 to take the photos. Then, they'd probably gladly accept them no problem.

Anyway, cool shots. I need to get out some more and revisit some places I haven't been to in 15-20 years.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin