Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,081   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

The Medium Format Goes On a Hike

I went to Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday for some hiking and photography. I lugged the RB67 around as well as an Olympus OM1.

Developed the roll last night using Xtol at 1:1. Film used was Delta 100 shot at 100.

Tonight I digitized the first negative from the roll. This is my 3rd roll I've ever developed and the 3rd roll through the Mamiya.

I am EXTREMELY happy with the Mamiya and absolutely love using it. I am very new to film and it brings a whole new love of photography to me (I usually shoot digital).

Anyway here is the photo from tonight, I'll add some more once I digitize the rest of the negatives.

RB67-13-OCT-2013-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I can't see your digital beating that shot, love it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3rd roll is a charm, great print. Was the park open or you just wondered in ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you everyone. I am completely new to film photography, so I have a LOT to learn about proper exposure, filters, developing and the whole magic of darkroom processing.

It is going to be a FUN ride though!

mike c, the park opened Saturday with state money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You've learnt how to control dust already. That is a mighty clean scan. Life is a constant battle for me against dust. How do you beat it?
    RR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    You've learnt how to control dust already. That is a mighty clean scan. Life is a constant battle for me against dust. How do you beat it?
    RR
    I scan immediately after the film has dried, no storing, touching, or waiting a day etc.

Second get a can of duster. Dust the glass with a wipe and then the blower before every new scan, then dust the film itself with the blower can on both sides before placing it down, then blow one final shot underneath the film before closing the lid... Haha

Yup, I'm a fanatic.

Also, I'm sure he probably dust spotted that a bit.

What I want to know is how he balanced the sky so cleanly

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sky? I bet it was with a nice Yellow filter. Beautiful photograph all round!
    RR

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Yeah nice work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bravo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin