Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,127   Online: 1085

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm a bit behind developing so my shots from last weekend are still latent images... hopefully I'll get them developed and printed before the MSA is finished 'cause I used a cheap camera for some...

Toffle, your DeLaurier Trail Marsh 3 fits in well, your poetic approach shows. Trees are not an exclusive club. So many of us love them for deep reasons.

Some of my fascination with trees comes from my childhood. I used to climb trees and make treehouses, chase snakes out to the thinnest branches, fall down into beds of soft nettle. I'd walk barefoot under Live Oaks, climb up to check out galls and ants.

Ralph,

You don't have to change your approach, I am a hunter, I rarely "make" photographs. But I understand the difference and we need both kinds. Instead of making Bonsai, you can go out and get the trees and bring them indoors...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indoortree.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	80042

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've enjoyed reading this thread very much!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is one of mine which won first prize in a competition. The prize... to climb a tree!

Name:	4306250126_2096d1d079_o.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	80043

http://www.goodleaf.co.uk/

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I'm a bit behind developing so my shots from last weekend are still latent images... hopefully I'll get them developed and printed before the MSA is finished 'cause I used a cheap camera for some...

Toffle, your DeLaurier Trail Marsh 3 fits in well, your poetic approach shows. Trees are not an exclusive club. So many of us love them for deep reasons.

Some of my fascination with trees comes from my childhood. I used to climb trees and make treehouses, chase snakes out to the thinnest branches, fall down into beds of soft nettle. I'd walk barefoot under Live Oaks, climb up to check out galls and ants.

Ralph,

You don't have to change your approach, I am a hunter, I rarely "make" photographs. But I understand the difference and we need both kinds. Instead of making Bonsai, you can go out and get the trees and bring them indoors...

Name:	indoortree.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	80042
    That lens bokeh is beautiful.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's the lens from my dad's Spotmatic II (but on a Spotmatic F) - the golden colored SMCT 50mm f/1.4 - wide open - I needed the highest shutter speed I could get, I think 1/30 and a deep breath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bill. I remember the (dismal) day I shot that scene, and remember sweating my man parts off in the darkroom trying to bring some light to the details of an otherwise dark print.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Here is one of mine which won first prize in a competition. The prize... to climb a tree!

Steve.
    Congrats! FINEST KIND!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Name:	4306250126_2096d1d079_o.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	80043

http://www.goodleaf.co.uk/

Steve.
    Wow, safe tree climbing. It's necessary... I won't let my kids do what I did. But that is the way to go! All fun, no dread for fear of life and limb.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The competition was judged based on a 1000 pixel image posted on their website so they were quite surprised when I presented them with a mounted 12" x 16" print.

I made very slow progress climbing up the rope. Meanwhile, a ten year old girl on the other side of the tree went to the top and back down again three times whilst I struggled!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow, safe tree climbing. It's necessary... I won't let my kids do what I did. But that is the way to go! All fun, no dread for fear of life and limb.
    I started taking my three boys hiking in the redwoods when they were 4 yrs old or so. Between climbing trees in the woods and rocks at the beach, they got quite a bit of experience, both in climbing and in falling (okay, their mom was never with us...LOL!). All the broken bones and injuries requiring stitches happened at home or at the playgrounds of the school and parks...not out in the 'wilds'!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin