Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,268   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    I really like the 3rd and 5th. The movement does it for me.
    +1
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    850 pixels in the long dimension is the maximum size you can upload to the gallery. More people would see them there.
    Actually, less people would see them there. Spare a thought for the rest of the internet who can't view the gallery.
    (and if you can only post 850pix wide there, you may as well shoot a phone-camera. If it's been shot at LF quality then it's worth viewing at LF quality).

I'm very impressed that you could get 1-second exposures and keep the ship that sharp. Did you tie-down your tripod so that it rocked along with the ship and didn't vibrate?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I'm very impressed that you could get 1-second exposures and keep the ship that sharp. Did you tie-down your tripod so that it rocked along with the ship and didn't vibrate?
    Yes, how did you do this?
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really liked this set of photos! Great work there is such a feeling of energy and motion in those images.

I would also guess that you tied down your tripod? Or is it the effect that a larger ship doesn't seem to rock as much?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Or is it the effect that a larger ship doesn't seem to rock as much?
    I'm going on the fact that the horizons are motion-blurry, it's not just the waves. So the camera must have been very well locked to the ship which both rocked together.

I was contemplating if it might have been a 35mm with an IS/VR/VC lens, but it can't because then the horizon would have been sharp but the ship blurry (that, and I know he shoots LF).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    all those digital shots are on a 5D mk2 with a 24mm f1.4 LII lens. & 3 stop GND filter

The camera was on a really cheap shitty tripod. I just set it up and held the tripod as firmly as I could with my hands, pushing 'down' into the deck. I was really surprised how sharp they came out especially the ones where I am on the monkey island (top deck) with 50 knots of wind slamming me. I didn't expect them to work. The one of the water rushing over that gate towards the camera I nearly lost the camera. It came at me harder than expected and nearly knocked me and the camera over. It was a bit blurry because in the I lost my footing in the last part of the exposure (it was really rough) but I still liked how it came out. it was too dangerous to stay there much longer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beautiful pictures, but this site is not for digital photography, my friend. Film only, please.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The pics i posted were on film. I posted external link to set rather than digi pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin