Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,191   Online: 956

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are doing this to protect your credit card! (or at least to make sure it is really yours)
    By far the most secure normal way to do something like this is to fax it.

Quote Originally Posted by game
    I have been to that website and indeed I can orde from there.
    Mailing it will cost 30 dollar extra.... (relativally cheap though compared to other sites). BUT

They asked me to send a copy of my creditcard!!!!! by mail or email. I have read a lot about this site on the internet and it seems to be safe, but I won't send copy of my creditcard nowhere!

Best regards Sam
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    hmm kodak.com indicates it's only available in us canada and japan....

guess I'll have to order from overseas....
    anyone knows one that is good ad quick and carries uc1oo?
    Best regards Sam
    Doesn't Kodak call it something else in Europe? Wouldn't be the first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Doesn't Kodak call it something else in Europe? Wouldn't be the first time.
    yeah, I posted earlier in this topics about that.
    It seems that kokdak has a similar film called 'kodak elite color' it's a pro negative film, but only exists in 200/400 iso. Kinda weird.
    It is located on the same place on the european website as ultra color on the American, but I am not sure it's the same.
    From what I have heard about uc100, that's more a portra film with more saturation, but still nice skin tones. I get the feeling 'our' eilte film is more of a kodak gold kinda consmuer film, alltough it is marketed as a pro film....

Sam

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought a roll of Kodak Elite Chrome in New Zealand, I was looking for a Fuji film, but took what I could get. It actually isn't a bad film, the images look good, but I haven't had the chance to scan them yet.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I bought a roll of Kodak Elite Chrome in New Zealand, I was looking for a Fuji film, but took what I could get. It actually isn't a bad film, the images look good, but I haven't had the chance to scan them yet.
    eilte chrome is something completally different though. The one I ment is print film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i've shot some realla today, will be having prints next week...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up my negatieves and contactsheet. REALA is a beautifull film i mus say. It has that same decentness of the portra, but with a littlle more snap to it.
    I can't be to concusive on this, because I shot only one roll under different circumcences and my expusure time is not OK yet, but I do feel reala is a film to watch.

Game

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do not know if it is "professional", but probably the most popular color one is Velvia 50.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Patzer View Post
    I do not know if it is "professional", but probably the most popular color one is Velvia 50.
    Velvia, along with Provia and Astia, are professional films. Sensia is the only amateur slide film made by Fuji. Generally speaking, I have found that there seems to be little to no difference between amateur and professional slide films. For instance, I challenge you to see what is better about a shot taken with regular Kodachrome and Professional Kodachrome. On the other hand, there seems to be more to be gained by using professional negative film vs amateur negative film. Maybe this is because manufacturers look at anyone who shoots slide film of any kind as being higher up the 'photography food chain' than someone who just shoots amateur C41 film.

In any case, if you are looking for a good C41 film for landscapes, how about the new Ektar 100? I actually never wanted to touch C41 until I shot a roll of Ektar 25 that I got bundled with several rolls of Kodachrome 25 on ebay. And I have to say that it is the BEST C41 film I have EVER shot. It certainly comes closer than ANY other C41 film when it comes to getting the goodness of a transparency film in a C41. Of course, I don't know if the new Ektar 100 is as good (Ive not tried it yet). But if it is half as good as the old stuff, it would be worth looking into over portrait-style C41 films. I don't think it is available as 120 or sheet film, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is an old thread but where can a person get transparencies developed these days?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin