Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 722

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Do You Like Landscape Photography and if so Color or B&W

As one of the mainstay and oldest forms of art, do you like Landscape Photography. If you do, do you prefer color, B&W, or both?

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I enjoy landscape photography. I don't have a preference of one over the other, I think some situations benefit from b/w and some benefit from color.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    As one of the mainstay and oldest forms of art, do you like Landscape Photography. If you do, do you prefer color, B&W, or both?

Rich
    I always prefer B&W, for several reasons.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I enjoy landscape photography. I tend to do mostly b/w, but I like to do color too.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I enjoy, both but I would say I lean more towards B&W at this moment in time.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do a lot of landscape photography, shooting both color and B&W depending on the subject.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do mostly landscape photography, but only in B&W. I've never even considered color.
    —Eric

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have gone back and forth through my life with color and black and white. We have some of the best in the world here that shoot color. Color is beautiful and for those who see in color, my hat's off to them.

I shoot black and white because of the expressiveness of what I can do with the materials. Black and white is a generous process that has many facets. It can take a weekend or a lifetime to see the variations possible with one image.

A good friend of mine says we are the caretakers of the images we create or capture. It is up to us to show that image with the respect they are due. This can only be done by the finest craftsmanship and diligence. This is what I love about black and white; this is why I choose it as my medium.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    I have gone back and forth through my life with color and black and white. We have some of the best in the world here that shoot color. Color is beautiful and for those who see in color, my hat's off to them.

I shoot black and white because of the expressiveness of what I can do with the materials. Black and white is a generous process that has many facets. It can take a weekend or a lifetime to see the variations possible with one image.

A good friend of mine says we are the caretakers of the images we create or capture. It is up to us to show that image with the respect they are due. This can only be done by the finest craftsmanship and diligence. This is what I love about black and white; this is why I choose it as my medium.
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for the in depth response. I was hoping that others would make some comment beyond I like color, or I like B&W, or I like or use both. Maybe others will take your lead and provide a bit more incite as to what they shoot, like or shoot, and still mention (if they do) that they appreciate the other medium as you so eloquently presented.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer BW and I like Color but it has too be the highest quality. Dye Transfer is the best.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin