Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,554   Online: 798

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    For this photo the Darlot does not transport me to any place I wish to be. Simple Symmar met a pymmar going to the photo fair. Said Symmar to the Pymmar....

Well you finish it.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks everyone. Funny, I get to read all the nice comments in the notification e-mails when I'm at work, but my work computer blocks APUG so I have to wait until I get home to say thanks for all the thoughtful comments.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Transport?

What is this "the photo transports me..." stuff? You GUYS are watching too much Oprah. Man up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As Ian said. The composition of the soft one works better for me. I'd suggest to crop the sharp one roughly to the frame of the soft picture and compare then. At least I'd crop out the upper part with the gap between the rocks.

Ulrich

Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer the first picture for the contrast between the softness of the falls and the rough rocks. (but the second is nice too, just to be diplomatic)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was a stickler for sharp as a tack photos before I ventured into ULF photography. I'm, thankfully, able to see the beauty of selective softness now though. I like both of the images, but if I were to purchase one to hang on the wall, it'd be the soft one; it is more accessible and slightly abstract. It's more universal because it's no longer just about the waterfall, but showing the photographer's hand in making the image.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I like them both but I much prefer the one shot with the 150 Symmar. I like the textural contrast between the soft water and the hard edginess of the rocks. I also like the wide perspective that places the waterfall as part of the setting rather than dominating it. I seldom prefer SF, BTW. At any rate, both are beauties.

Woops... year old thread. Sorry. :o

Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer the the sharp image. I think it brings out more tone and detail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both are nice, but I'll go with the sharp one.

Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin