Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,926   Online: 1179

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Nice software. Now if I only had a laptop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Ooh. Kewl.

But can it also dispatch a drone to take the right shot....
    "There's an app for that." At least that's what the ads say, so I guess you'd need an iPhone.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lee, I saw a 'droid' the other day, in fact several of my cool-kid buddies seem to have them now. The thing seems an ideal platform for location-based apps. I mean, we were driving and the thing was showing us, in almost real time, the view we were seeing through the windshield. Fun.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Lee, I saw a 'droid' the other day, in fact several of my cool-kid buddies seem to have them now. The thing seems an ideal platform for location-based apps. I mean, we were driving and the thing was showing us, in almost real time, the view we were seeing through the windshield. Fun.
    That would be my choice as well... if I had a cell phone. I have a friend who has one, bought it the day they came out, and she loves it. In part her choice was driven by the requirement to repurchase DRM'd iTunes music after her iWhatever player died a few weeks before. No DRM on the Droid, and she's not a real techie. I see that Droid apps have gone from 10k to 20k in the last couple of months, and the Google phone is predicted to hit next month, also running Android Eclair. Have you seen Google Goggles? It's an Android app that lets you take a photo of a place, product, bar code, etc and then searches for a match on the web. Reviews say it's uncanny and very fast, using street view, product info, photos on the web, etc. If the photo is of a product, it will search the web for a local vendor and best price, then guide you there with the GPS.

Lee

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    If he could connect it to AccuWeather and Zagat's guide, it could automatically make recommendations for local pubs on cloudy days.
    Okay...finally some application that I might actually use. Otherwise, I would rather "Be here now" than be thinking "I should be there about then."

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    very cool, thanks for linking! It could prove to be a real time saver.
    regards
    erik

Shooter
    35mm
    The tutorials are also very good, there are a lot of features that are not obvious, or at least they were not obvious to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    On a related note:

http://cleardarksky.com/csk/index.html
    Predicted sky conditions for next few days.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html
    Sun and moon rise, set, azimuth, etc. tables for any year / month / location you wish.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've installed this software on an ancient Dell laptop that I had sitting around in storage, in need of an OS and a task to perform. Now I have an excuse to take it with me when I travel.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks looks interesting I'll read more later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin