Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,899   Online: 999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally got that far down the backlog of film, and here's the best of the images that came out of that episode. It's not The Greatest Photograph Ever or anything, but I'm tolerably happy. Just a neg scan, unfortunately, as noted above.

-NT

Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you might do something with that. I would try more contrast for snap, and maybe selenium toning. I like the clouds in front of the mountain. Play around with it a bit.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    My marriage was like that... fifteen minutes of bliss and fifteen years of dull madness.
    As my secretary once said, you should get your first marriage over with as quickly as possible and move on with your life.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would replace "first" with "only".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think your photo stands on its own. Maybe it's not what you were thinking of when you took it but there is something there you can work with.
    If you don't like it, save it and put it aside. Let it percolate in your mind for a while. You might decide that there is something you can do. Maybe adjusting contrast or toning. Maybe even make it into a cyanotype.

The hardest thing for me to do in photography is to make the image inside my head when I take a photo reconcile with the final image when I print it. Do I try to make the photo more like my vision? Or, do I just alter my vision and work with the photo the way it is? It's enough to drive you crazy.
    (In my case it's no drive. It's more like a short walk. )
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin