Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,214   Online: 1040

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mom's Photo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to print one up for her so she can have it. Then this negative will go into my image bank.

Later this summer, I plan to get out my image bank and take a look at them again. I want to take, maybe the top ten images from the bank and experiment with them, either toning them or making cyanotypes, etc.

I often find that it helps to put an image away for a while and not look at it before you spend too much time trying to work up a print. Make a proof print or something if you feel so motivated but don't spend a lot of time on it. Then, when you look at it with a fresh eye, you often see something that you didn't before.

Several pictures in my files were made that way... After putting them away for a while.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's probably the only time she's ever used a camera that wasn't Point-and-Shoot automatic. She shot one frame then quickly handed the camera back.

But I have a plan... he said with a sneaky grin...

I have two cameras. A Pentax ME-Super and a Pentax Super Program.
    We'll be having many traditional family picnics during the summer and we'll be sitting around the picnic table enjoying the summer weather. I figure I'll load the Super Program up with a roll of color print film, lock it into full-auto program mode and leave it on the picnic table where Mom can get at it. Curiosity will take over from there.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    She should run a summer photo workshop.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Mom!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    Your mom is lucky to have a talented kiddo like you helping!! She'll probably get the "photo bug" as bad as you soon! Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy her a subscribtion to Apug,bet she will be doing 4x5 stuff with in the year.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin