Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,158   Online: 1079

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Perseid Meteor Shower

Is anyone going out to photograph the meteor shower on the 12th and 13th? Just curious if anyone is going to, and what kind of equipment they use...

http://ireport.cnn.com/ir-topic-stor...=479502&hpt=T2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No photography planned. Just hoping for a lessening of the pervasive haze so we will at least be able to enjoy watching it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for reminding me!! I think I'll just go out and look with my binoculars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No pix planned. I am just hoping it clears up. I have a nice spot that I usually use to view it.

Binoculars are of little use during a meteor shower, unless you happen to know where the next one will fall! You want a spot away from as much artificial light as possible, and that gives you a wide a view of the sky.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I live in Ventura, and there are a few places you can get to without much surrounding light. I had read that there is a spot up at Mt. Pinos that people go for star gazing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Might do some shooting tonight. Using 400TX black&white film for this (if I see anything; I live in Dallas). I'm shooting straight from my camera since I don't have any attachments for my telescope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1 day to full Moon (in Capricorn), imho, no matter your altitude and optics, it will be relatively hard to come close to a decent view...
    Last year, the Moon was almost completely empty - very thin, waxing crescent.. around the time for the Perseids, but now..

Shooter
    35mm
    Frikkin full moon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot it once years ago. Got film back that looked like it had scratches across the negs. Whoppee. I have trouble being creative for this kind of thing. I guess a long-time shot with a cool foreground or cityscape might work.....hoping the notorious SF bay fog and low clouds this time of year will lift and allow maybe some view of some sort....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where's the radiant relative to the moon? I guess one possibility would be to point away from the moon, expose for a moonlit landscape (loony f/4, I've seen suggested: f/4 and expose for 1/ASA days), and hope for some interesting trails. I might give it a go.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin