Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,384   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ottomar Anschuetz was doing literally wild B&W images in the 1880`s. A couple of years later, the Keaton Brothers in England redefined wildlife photography. They invented the portable blind in 1897. Arthur Radclyffe was a man with great mechanical skills, who invented a 5x7 "reflex" view camera and photographed wildlife in Africa. He usually carried a very large gun under his arm as he had to get quite close to his sibjects, which included rhinos and cape buffalo.
    One of the most famous B&W wildlife photographers was Eric Hosking, whose bird images are pure visual poetry. The American Leonard Lee Rue III focused more on mammals of North America. His images were classic textbook illustrations for several decades. Europe took B&W wildlife photography a step further, forming associations of photographers in Spain, France, Germany and Scandinavia in the 1930`s. But while these photographers are still great soures of inspiration, today`s magazines reflect little if anything of this challenging subject.
    It is probably one of the toughest subjects in B&W. I`d be interested in seeing any recent work apart form Nick Brandt and James Balog.

Peter
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I love wildlife photography and one of the most famous B&W Photographer is Mikko Lagerstedt.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletBrown View Post
    I love wildlife photography and one of the most famous B&W Photographer is Mikko Lagerstedt.
    In which sense a famous B&W photographer? I know Mikko Lagerstedt´s work and appreciate that, but I would rather say he is a digital photographer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rardinger View Post
    Look up Sebastiao Salgado's "Genesis Project". A web search finds many links to some of the images ( http://arts.guardian.co.uk/salgado/s...301861,00.html for example). B&W film (Pentax 645 I had read).
    He started the Genesis Project with film but finished with digital, and I'm pretty sure that's all he uses now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin