Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,612   Online: 1167

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    You're kidding right? In Miami I got accosted by a neanderthal in police uniform just for crossing the road! Another time I was stopped for not wearing a shirt, when it was 90 degrees. Another time for drinking beer from a can.
    Don't they have real criminals to hassle?
    Well what do you expect, Andy? From a *CAN*? And I thought you came from a proper society...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chuck, the only times that armoured assault vehicles (never "tanks" - *WAY* too big for the job) similar to the US Bradley fighting vehicle, have been deployed at Heathrow was when mortars were fired by the IRA at the Airport from a perimeter road (they landed in the grass & didn't explode...). If you were unlucky to have been passing through Heathrow at that time, it's hardly surprising that security was heightened...

Only other time was a few months ago when there was an alleged imminent strike planned against landing planes by everyone's current favorite terrorist organization. Not everyone was convinced, given Blair's track record in "interpreting" intelligence reports.

Liked the link: in case anyone was wondering, in the Enemies section, where it says "these b*stards", the picture is of the MI6 headquarters... Shane Richie you will not have heard of: lucky you...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You're kidding right? In Miami I got accosted by a neanderthal in police uniform just for crossing the road! Another time I was stopped for not wearing a shirt, when it was 90 degrees.
    Lucky you weren't wearing a thong and bikini top.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    ..... Liked the link: in case anyone was wondering, in the Enemies section, where it says "these b*stards", the picture is of the MI6 headquarters... Shane Richie you will not have heard of: lucky you...

Cheers, Bob.
    I wonder why everyone picks on poor uncle ken? At least he says as he sees and adds some humour to our current day boring politics

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Chuck, the only times that armoured assault vehicles (never "tanks" - *WAY* too big for the job) similar to the US Bradley fighting vehicle, have been deployed at Heathrow was when mortars were fired by the IRA at the Airport from a perimeter road (they landed in the grass & didn't explode...). If you were unlucky to have been passing through Heathrow at that time, it's hardly surprising that security was heightened...

Only other time was a few months ago when there was an alleged imminent strike planned against landing planes by everyone's current favorite terrorist organization. Not everyone was convinced, given Blair's track record in "interpreting" intelligence reports.
    I'll take your word for it. I was in the Air Force, not the Army, though I once dated a woman whose father worked on the Bradley.

Whatever it was, it was Big, Metal, with a BIG GUN on the top, pointed in our direction. Nice way to enter Heathrow!

This was around 1986 or 1987 if memory serves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Heathrow mortar attack was March 9th 1994.
    The light tanks at Heathrow due to a bogus warning from liar Blair was February 11th 2003.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Heathrow mortar attack was March 9th 1994.
    Actually I was there that day, taking tourist photos of Heathrow. Let me go thru my old shots... hey, look, I think I captured it on film... um... wait... isn't that you, Andy, on the left (appropriately...)? (See attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails andy-mortar.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is plain to see those are US troops. Probably practicing friendly fire.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    I wonder why everyone picks on poor uncle ken? At least he says as he sees and adds some humour to our current day boring politics
    It's alright for you: you're miles away in sunny Devon. I have to put up with the herpetological, drunken, halfwitted excuse for a retarded cretin of a Mayor and his harebrained, stupid and highly expensive dimwitted schemes for London :rolleyes:

I wonder if MI5 will take me on now: always wanted my own fountain pen that shoots poison darts...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's alright for you: you're miles away in sunny Devon. I have to put up with the herpetological, drunken, halfwitted excuse for a retarded cretin of a Mayor and his harebrained, stupid and highly expensive dimwitted schemes for London :rolleyes:

I wonder if MI5 will take me on now: always wanted my own fountain pen that shoots poison darts...

Cheers, Bob.
    LOL Now you know one of the reasons I don't stray far from Sunny (errrm it's pouring with rain ready for all that bootiful clotted cream at the moment) Devon

How about we bring back Tony Benn?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin