Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,479   Online: 923

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    People may not agree with his views, but having seen a couple of documentaries on Tony Benn I'd have to say he was probably the last real politician Britain had. Now we just have people driven by the cult of personality who don't understand they are elected to represent us, not to rule us.
    As for Ken Livingstone? He's a poisonous little twerp who was probably bullied at school and is now compensating for it.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you just love how the internet has allowed the international community to exchange pleasantries in a jovial manner. The cold war is over and now we argue over who's law enforcement agency is the biggest a-hole. Probably a perfect example of why all treaties and international unions have and always will fail at some point! :")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tony Benn did have the convictions of his beliefs to denounce his title etc. Sadly I think that we are now missing politicians in the UK that live their beliefs and have character. I remember as a kid I could recognise politicians when they came on the TV, know what party they represented and usually knew who they were.

These days they all look like the same grey suited stereo-type accountants (sorry any accountants out their) and have no appeal in any way what so ever. No surprise that most people today have no interest in either politics or even voting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always vote Tony, even if you only spoil your slip always vote. If I feel none of the candidates represent me or deserve my vote then I spoil the paper with the words, 'None Of These Deserve My Vote'. My vote is then counted as 'spoiled' and the politicos cannot claim I was apathetic or stayed at home content with the way things are.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fear not Andy I always vote, it's just getting harder to decide who for as there doesn't seen much difference these days I might even land up voting this year for the scottish party or as they like to call themselves the lib-dems ouch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    One of my old professors liked to tell the story of a visit to (then) communist Poland...
    When I was at the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), a student made a documentary film about his home in communist Poland. He brought movie cameras, sound equipment, and shot for three weeks. Then he tried to leave with lots of information-collecting gear all stamped with the initials of CalArts: C I A

He was detained for another two weeks while they processed all his film and listened to every tape....

(but they let him and the film go eventually)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    When I was at the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), a student made a documentary film about his home in communist Poland. He brought movie cameras, sound equipment, and shot for three weeks. Then he tried to leave with lots of information-collecting gear all stamped with the initials of CalArts: C I A

He was detained for another two weeks while they processed all his film and listened to every tape....

(but they let him and the film go eventually)
    Did they bill him for the processing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "This year I will not be visiting. I refuse to be fingerprinted like some kind of criminal at customs."

Just fly to Mexico, rent a car & drive in through San Diego, CA. That is how the Columbians do it when they get denied entrance at the normal Visa checkpoints in the airports.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It Makes me sad to hear this

Being from north of the border (read Canada) I am on the outside looking in to the American dynamic. Now being confronted for taking a photo of a Government building of both historical and architectural signifigance, makes me sad that some people have given into fear of terror that much. To my knowledge there is no law in the US on a Federal level and I know for certain in Canada that its against the law to shoot a goverment building. Unless it has become a copyright issue.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    Being from north of the border (read Canada)....snipped.... I know for certain in Canada that its against the law to shoot (photograph) a goverment building. Unless it has become a copyright issue.

Bill
    Bill,

Is this what you meant to type? Is there (proveably) a law against photographing government buildings in Canada?

cheers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin