Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,556   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Opinions on some stupid images?

I don't know what possesses me sometimes I have bunches of images of stairs. Anyway shot these while walking around the other day with the wrong camera and wrong film but wanted some opinions.

Which one? None?

Thanks a lot

RB

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well I like 1 but, which one for what purpose?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just over all. I will probably print one of them for no particular reason but I am the worlds worst editor. I actually have a collection of prints of stairs for no particular reason. Just nutty I guess or it is some strange subconscious metaphor that causes me to involuntarily take pictures of stairs?

RB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the 3rd one with the bottom cropped off a bit (to 4x5 ratio).

Don't feel weird about being drawn to strange subjects for no reason. I'm drawn to electric meters for some reason, especially old ones. I don't know why, and I don't care. Sometimes in photography we don't need to understand. I tend to think though, that it may be something, an emotion or feeling inside of us, that is conveyed through a need to photograph something. I'm sure if we digged deep enough we could figure it out, but life is a journey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are weird! Stairs? You should be like me and have hundreds of images of benches! Every time i see one i have to shoot it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's wrong with photographing steps? They look to have quite some character.
    But some planning might be useful next time you come across a scene like this: if you can somehow insert a shadowy figure (i.e. time exposure to record movement) at the top of the stairs in the bottom photo, it would make quite an impressive, suggestive abstract photo.
    That last image appears to have the best exposure.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    maybe you like the history of stairs. which one do you like?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like number three. It conveys a sense of leading somewhere, whereas the others seem cut-off. Nothing at all wrong with the subject matter as far as I can see.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the input. I agree about the planning thing - but knowing how my head works if I turn the theme into a project I will become unbearable. I will put it on my list of someday projects. I have like 70 prints of stairs that I have made just from walkabouts.

When I saw these I wondered how many people use these everyday? For how long? Nobody seems to give a crap about them or a second thought and they look like they might be completely useless as stairs in like not too too long. Then what?

RB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    You are weird! Stairs? You should be like me and have hundreds of images of benches! Every time i see one i have to shoot it.
    I have a bench or so. Usually empty ones.

RB

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin