Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,629   Online: 987

Thread: Urban studies

Shooter
    Multi Format

Urban studies

Any thoughts welcome.

Note these are not scans. They are digital photos of the original prints. The original prints are tack sharp obviously with far more detail, including highlight and shadow detail not evident in these files. I'm still struggling with how to properly "digitize" my prints for either web or CD etc. It's frustrating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails St Jacques st study_1.jpg   St Jacques st study_2.jpg   St Luc school_yard_night_2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just looked at the attachments, and I guess if anyone is going to look at them, best to view them in "original size". When I look at them at the reduced size that automatically comes up in the small window that opens up, they look all crappy and pixelated. Geez I really need to figure out the electronics. Sorry about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Almost any scanner can scan prints and do pretty good. Better would be scan the negative with something like an Epson 700. Best would something like a negative or slide only scanner like one of the Nikon's.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The issue I have with scaning negatives is the prints require extensive darkroom manipulation. Scanning the negative means I have to start from scratch and create a fine print using software. As a darkroom practitioner, I have zero desire make my prints that way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an Epson factory refurbed, V500 flatbed scanner that I use to scan my negatives and prints and it does a good job. Less than $200.00 at the Epson store. The V700 is a nicer scanner but also more $$$. Hope it helps.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ignoring the technical aspects of the digitization for a moment (I often have to remind myself not to look at that solely but look at the actual photo).

The third one is my favourite and IMHO the strongest. I like how clean it is, simple lines, nice straight lines with a single diagonal shadow as contrast (both for being black and being on angle to oppose the straight).
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin