Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,255   Online: 1043

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Recreating my family favorites

For those who knew me way back when I used to be on APUG religiously, I thought I'd share a project my kids and I have set out to complete this summer.

I discovered a love for photography when my kids were relatively small, and that's fortunate. I have lots and lots of early shots of them, from fairly amateur (read: embarrassingly "bad" images) to more evolved. We recently moved to a new house and in the process, I came across a box of 4x6's that I had totally forgotten about. There were some gems in there. Since my oldest son is about to be off to boot camp as a US Marine, we're all feeling a bit nostalgic, and had the idea that we would pick out our favorites and loosely recreate them. We're referring to it as "then and now", and having a great time making new memories in the process.

I'm sharing them here, since by necessity they have to be displayed together, and that's a little more digital involvement (only for the purpose of showing two shots together) than I feel comfortable posting in the gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kids_dog_collage.jpg   kids_tongue_collage.jpg   then_and_now_piper.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheryl, those are superb! Gorgeous, gorgeous kids and a truly wonderful idea. I've read articles from you here and visited your website (audio and visual) in the past and have really enjoyed all of your contributions. (Yes, I know, sounding like a stalker here... but there's a great deal to admire... and aspire to! ) Thank you for even more inspiration.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beautiful idea! And you had great vintage shots to re-stage!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great idea and beautiful results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are great, Cheryl! Scary that they seem to grow so quickly!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Perfect!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks, everyone. It's been fun, for sure, and also entertaining to me to see images I took so early on in my photography experience. The "before" images in the three above were made only a year or two after I "discovered" photography. We have some really funny ones coming up -- my boys will have to rebuild their old lemonade stand. Ha.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great project Cheryl, well done!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great idea, great photos and great FAMILY.

Congrats!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin