Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,263   Online: 970

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Brad Pitt and Chanel N 5

In some newspapers in England (I assume also in other countries) there is a portrait of Brad Pitt being used to promote Chanel N5. I can’t help thinking this is printed too soft, as a higher contrast print would (I feel) improve the message for this image. What do others think?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks like digital B/W hence the softness, despite the softness he starts to look very old in my opinion. Printing the image a little harder to give it an edge would look better. Maybe they were afraid that too much of an edge would scare their target costumers, women.

On an personal level I prefer the Audrey Tautou ad even though she uses a digital camera it's a beautiful ad campaign and commercial.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He is almost 50. Not old, but no Spring chicken anymore. He can eat crackers in my bed anytime, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i think, brat pitt is seriously getting oldand i have to sell my chanel stock before it's too late
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    He is almost 50. Not old, but no Spring chicken anymore. He can eat crackers in my bed anytime, though.
    If you close your eyes I will look like Brad Pitt for you.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    If you close your eyes I will look like Brad Pitt for you.
    Yeah, but you'd have to smell like Chanel #5 for her too. Not many of us could pull that off very well. Maybe after a day's hunting or shooting at the range, a couple hours at the local pub, and napping a couple hours in an old leather recliner. Then.... maybe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you hold your nose I will smell like Brad Pitt for you, too.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found references to the Channel #5/Brad Pitt photographs being taken by Mario Sorrenti. If he used the same equipment he used for the Pirelli Calendar, then certainly not a film photographer: http://www.mod-tv.com/hot/pirelli-ca...f-video/19485/

Sorrenti kind of reminds me of the guy in this spoof video: http://vimeo.com/37168265

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad and I actually have a connection: I played his wife in a movie and he kissed my pregnant belly. True story!!

And he is the same age as my husband, who came home smelling of redfish today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here!

Brad and I actually have a connection: I played his wife in a movie and he kissed my pregnant belly. True story!!
    Very cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin