Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,469   Online: 853

Shooter
    35mm

Business Headshots, confined space to shoot in

This will be my only my second job for business Headshots. New challenge. I must shoot 5 hi-profile executives. They are giving me a very confined space. A small office conference room 11'x25' approximately. But there is a conference table in the middle that cannot be moved out of the way. I'm exploring the possibilities of what I can do and what to avoid. ?

I have a medium and a large softboxes and several umbrellas. Two strobes and two speedlights. But i could also rent equipment. They want one of the backdrops to be white, But I only have about a foot or two from the subject to the background. I'm worry about shadow and the white not going fully white if unable to put a light behind subject. Also no much clearance to set hair kicker lights above subject.

Any advice and recommendations ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beauty dish is an ultimate space saver. Did this for a local business with a beauty dish and a narrow roll of white paper in my daughter's bedroom, no other lighting. With a little more room I would have wanted a larger background and some light on it.

Julie Patel by magnus919, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Put the subject near the corner, soft box fill on subject. Underexpose a speedlight at a shallow angle on one wall facing the other in the corner for fill.

Good example here... read pt.1 and pt.2

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2013/07...-pt-1.html?m=1

-Xander

Shooter
    35mm
    Oops! Didn't notice the OP date! Oh well, good info for someone later.

-X

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin