Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,580   Online: 1077

View Poll Results: Do you think my photo is staged or not?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, staged photo

18 64.29%
  • No, it is posed, but not staged

10 35.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staged or not?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    No comment. My membership on this site too good to risk banning. Tired-out narrative anyway.
    Something like this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    You do know how internet forums work, right? Most people aren't going to bother click through to your link, and if they do, the "puzzle" doesn't seem worth the effort. It's either a) a real neo-nazi with flag and paper, or b) someone not a neo-nazi with flag and paper. There are certainly neo-nazis out there, and some would be willing to have their photos taken. Or maybe you got a friend to do it. Why should we really care either way?

I can't put stuff up here without links. Flickr banned me after 9 days. I lost 190 pix at Flickr. Photobucket takes my pix down after a day or two. So I have to use Tumblr and Artslant. I appreciate the votes you guys sent in anyway.

This is not a puzzle or trick poll in any case. I just wanted to see how my pix are viewed by others. I got some comments about certain pix from other fourms and was never aware people had such thoughts about my pix.

If you guys can get it up to 25 or 30 votes, that would be great. I will give you the answer tomorrow after a few more votes. (Hopefully)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Why is it important? You seem a nice guy I enjoy seeing on here. Why would you want to post such a caustic photo as that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't view your picture as 'staged' / 'not staged'. Therefore I can't vote. To me that is immaterial. The more important question is: What does this picture mean to you? And that will be different for many people, but to me it's a reminder of a very ugly time in the history of humans. I value compassion and empathy, but also value truth and honesty. So it's with slight reluctance I say this, because it stirs powerful emotions within me, but I also am trying to understand your motif(s).

The most interesting discussion surrounding this picture has nothing to do with whether it is staged or not, in my humble opinion; it has to do with what it means to people, how they react to it, and what emotions it stirs. Ugly truth is better than a lie any time.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, but it seems to me like an example of going for shock value by reaching into a bag of clichés.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I can't view your picture as 'staged' / 'not staged'. Therefore I can't vote. To me that is immaterial.
    Exact same sentiment in this corner. I have a myriad of thoughts and feelings about your image, but none of them would depend on whether or not the image was staged or not...
    "Once the amateur's naive approach and humble willingness to learn fades away, the creative spirit of good photography dies with it. Every professional should remain always in his heart an amateur." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Shooter
    35mm
    i wonder if it'll be the opposite in winter time and we'll be taking colddddd showers...brrrr from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally, I found the photo to be banal and unimaginative, so I didn't vote. I find peoples responses to it entertaining.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    She mght be standing on a stage.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have no clue what this thread is about. Can someone please explain it in 25 words or less?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin