Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,606   Online: 1064
      
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    20

    First results with my new leica

    Here are the first results from my new Leica. Leica m6 ttl. Ilford hp5 ISO 400 shot at 800.


    _26_0083.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr


    _17_0074.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr


    _11_0068.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr


    _29_0086.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr


    _23_0080.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr


    _12_0069.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

  2. #2
    K-G
    K-G is offline
    K-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Göteborg , Sweden
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    301
    Congratulations both to some really good Pictures and to your new Leica. When it comes to a Leica, the memory of the cost will gradually fade away at the same rate as the feeling of value is growing. I wish you many years of good photography.

    Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

    www.heliochroma.com

  3. #3
    Sirius Glass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,107
    While the camera performs well as one would expect, what clearly stands out is a good eye for composition.

    Welcome to APUG
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 12-20-2013 at 03:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

    I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by K-G View Post
    Congratulations both to some really good Pictures and to your new Leica. When it comes to a Leica, the memory of the cost will gradually fade away at the same rate as the feeling of value is growing. I wish you many years of good photography.

    Karl-Gustaf
    Thank you. The memory of cost disappeared when I saw these images, they have a quality that I have not seen with other equipment I have used.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    While the camera preforms well as one would expect, what clearly stands out is a good eye for composition.

    Welcome to APUG
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes it is good to know that the new kit is functioning correctly.

  6. #6
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,920
    Images
    1
    Nice! Very nice!
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  7. #7
    TheToadMen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands, Europe
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    27
    Nice images. I like the way you caught her eyes in portrait # 11-0068.

    Isn't it fun to use a Leica M? I bought my M7 in 2005 and it is still one of my favorite cameras.
    I added the Leica motor M to the camera, which is very nice to use. It has also an extra grip on the front.
    Makes it even easier and more stable to use the camera.

    It is rubbish and subjective - I know - but it's my feeling that a Leica is best used with B&W film. (Even when I look at some great shots I made with Fuji 400-NPH film).

    Enjoy your camera and catch that light beam!!
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup


    * I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Nice! Very nice!
    Thanks.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Nice images. I like the way you caught her eyes in portrait # 11-0068.

    Isn't it fun to use a Leica M? I bought my M7 in 2005 and it is still one of my favorite cameras.
    I added the Leica motor M to the camera, which is very nice to use. It has also an extra grip on the front.
    Makes it even easier and more stable to use the camera.

    It is rubbish and subjective - I know - but it's my feeling that a Leica is best used with B&W film. (Even when I look at some great shots I made with Fuji 400-NPH film).

    Enjoy your camera and catch that light beam!!
    Thanks. Yes it is a great fun camera to use. Yes the eyes came out well in that one.

    I am not sure about the winder, the winding mechanism works so smoothly part of the joy of using it is the winding on.

  10. #10
    TheToadMen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands, Europe
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Robclarke View Post
    I am not sure about the winder, the winding mechanism works so smoothly part of the joy of using it is the winding on.
    You're absolutely right. But my problem was I forgot to wind, missing a lot of shots, since I was used to a Nikon F5 and F4s with auti film transport.
    And I like the extra grip. There are also grips without motor transport. I've got one on my old Leica M4-2.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup


    * I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin