Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,616   Online: 814

Shooter
    35mm

Jackie in tall blades of grass, shot on Ilford Delta 400 developed in ilfosol 3

This is my first roll of Ilford Delta 400. I processed it over my kitchen sink and dried the negatives over my bathtub. I used Ilfosol 3. The photographs almost didn't happen. Jackie had come out from Utah to visit one of my friends. He had arranged several hours of shooting, and by the time I got there we were getting down to the last stretch. We decided to drive West along along the levee into the Sacramento River Delta and stopped when we found a field of reedy grass and some large valley oak trees. The light was warm and beautiful and the breeze kept things interesting with her hair and dress. I had planned to shoot a few rolls of Portra but had miscalculated how many I had and quickly ran out. Reluctantly I headed back to the car and dug around in my bag and found this one last roll of Delta 400. By the time I got back they were just finishing up, but Jackie said she was down for 36 more frames. I'm terrible with unknown people and usually my friend does all the directing and I shoot what he comes up with. Jackie has this big personality that put me at ease, and she kind of just took the lead and I followed. Here are 10 frames that I've selected for your consideration.

They were too big to post - so I've uploaded the full set to Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like your images.

Jeff

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice set of images well done. I always liked Delta 400's grain structure and unlike other modern film it shows grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice, thanks for sharing.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin