Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,363   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try that and go from there. I suspect I'll be using the digital camera a lot until I can get lighting l like.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ask him why he doesn't ask his girlfriend to take it.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Ask him why he doesn't ask his girlfriend to take it.
    She knows nothing about photography, and neither does he. I've known him a long time, it's natural that he'd ask me to do it. Any perceived issues about sexuality etc are non-existent.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

This site helped me a lot! I use super cheap used flashes, (strobes) with white plastic milk jugs for diffusers (for families, not pro!) and some old ratty umbrellas, but the information there translates!

Hope that helps and is OK with the APUG powers to suggest that.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trythis View Post
    http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

This site helped me a lot! I use super cheap used flashes, (strobes) with white plastic milk jugs for diffusers (for families, not pro!) and some old ratty umbrellas, but the information there translates!

Hope that helps and is OK with the APUG powers to suggest that.
    Haha milk jugs!!!! That's such a great idea! I'm trying that as a diffuser for my Profoto strobes next time as a fun "china ball" hah! The model will laugh I think
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tell him to hire a professional. I constantly refer people out for work that is not in my lane..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin