Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,120   Online: 950

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Gothic Son

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is in the APUG gallery now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm glad I don't have any kids. There isn't much place in the US any more where you can bring kids up to be like Beaver and Wally Cleaver.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I'm glad I don't have any kids. There isn't much place in the US any more where you can bring kids up to be like Beaver and Wally Cleaver.
    Tom, you're making it too easy to tease you...

Anyway, OP the image is really great, I bet he loves it and it will get him lots of goth girlfriends (and I was once goth, and the girls are... Fun... So watch out!). But yea I never confused Nirvana with being goth... Hmmm

Are you sure he isn't emo, or some other sub culture? Hardcore or screamo or something new I'm not familiar with?

Nice image either way
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm raising the last of eight kids in a remote rural town, where the kids don't have a clue who Wally and the beav were. They embrace everything on tv and are very much part of the modern culture. As for the genre of the OPs son, my daughter called him an "emo". I don't have a clue as to what or why.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I'm raising the last of eight kids in a remote rural town, where the kids don't have a clue who Wally and the beav were. They embrace everything on tv and are very much part of the modern culture. As for the genre of the OPs son, my daughter called him an "emo". I don't have a clue as to what or why.
    Yea, emo would at least potentially explain the nirvana shirt... Though of he were emo he might get really defensive about not being emo when you called him emo... (Emo= emotional)
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahh--I see now, said the blind man---as he picked up his hammer and saw.....
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Tom, you're making it too easy to tease you...

Anyway, OP the image is really great, I bet he loves it and it will get him lots of goth girlfriends (and I was once goth, and the girls are... Fun... So watch out!). But yea I never confused Nirvana with being goth... Hmmm

Are you sure he isn't emo, or some other sub culture? Hardcore or screamo or something new I'm not familiar with?

Nice image either way
    Actually when I was a kid in the 60's, our school and our classrooms were almost exactly like Miss Lander's class, and our family and neighborhood lives were almost exactly like Beav, and Larry, and Whitey, Tooey, Lumpy, Chester, and Wally. And there was always a Judy Hensler type in the classroom.
    Leave it to Beaver was practically a reality show to me.
    Edit: oops, Almost forgot about Eddie Haskell. We had one of those too. His name was Sam Helms.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 03-14-2014 at 10:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yea, emo would at least potentially explain the nirvana shirt... Though of he were emo he might get really defensive about not being emo when you called him emo... (Emo= emotional)
    He might just be "scene". Scene and emo kids dress pretty much the same way, but act differently. Scene kids kind of act like skaters...emo kids get overly dramatic about the smallest things in life.

Emo kids are the "I hurt myself so that I can feel alive!" bunch. The "You couldn't possibly understand what I'm going through" kids. The "rip my black cold heart out of my chest and throw it on the ground" kids. The good news is, when emo kids outgrow that phase, many of them become hipsters, which is great for the future of film. Hipsters love film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Actually when I was a kid in the 60's, our school and our classrooms were almost exactly like Miss Lander's class, and our family and neighborhood lives were almost exactly like Beav, and Larry, and Whitey, Tooey, Lumpy, Chester, and Wally. And there was always a Judy Hensler type in the classroom.
    Leave it to Beaver was practically a reality show to me.
    Edit: oops, Almost forgot about Eddie Haskell. We had one of those too. His name was Sam Helms.
    More to my earlier "teasing" of you, if your life was so happy, why are you always so bleak now? Lo

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyj10 View Post
    He might just be "scene". Scene and emo kids dress pretty much the same way, but act differently. Scene kids kind of act like skaters...emo kids get overly dramatic about the smallest things in life.

Emo kids are the "I hurt myself so that I can feel alive!" bunch. The "You couldn't possibly understand what I'm going through" kids. The "rip my black cold heart out of my chest and throw it on the ground" kids. The good news is, when emo kids outgrow that phase, many of them become hipsters, which is great for the future of film. Hipsters love film.
    hahhaha! I forgot about scene kids! Hah!

And I like the whole hipster transition mindset good call!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin